Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Jamey Rodemeyer
It's a really sad state of events, from what I read he blogged about the bullying alot and nobody did anythingn bout it. I even think the bullies harassed him online. It's just really sad and upsetting.

dfiant Wrote:Every person that thinks bullying is a part of life or those whose best advice is 'Harden up' have blood on their hands...BULLYING IS DEADLY.

I wish I knew a way to reach people before they take their young lives away from us Sad

Indeed, I wish they would come across this forum, as there are many people here who would love to help :/

Such a shame, R.I.P

mrk2010 Wrote:The irony is he posted an it gets better video on YouTube and a week later he killed himself. So just try and post something if you can.

Here's the news article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ister.html

Actually he posted the it gets better video in May of 2011. It is still a very sad story none the less.:frown:

Ah I see, I think it might have been the repost.

mrk2010 Wrote:Hey Guys,

I haven't seen a thread on the forum about this boy in America on the forum yet, ...
Sorry you missed my references in a couple of places during the past week including this one from a few days ago.

http://www.gayspeak.com/showthread.php?p...post123043

Bullies will feel quite righteously justified in carrying out their spiteful acts as long as homophobes claim their freedom to spread their venomous messages. I doubt Linda Henry from Mission America and all those other high profile extremists have the intelligence or the conscience to allow themselves to be seen as part of the problem, but part of the problem they surely are.

Only listen to is you are feeling strong. Most people will laugh at her ignorance, but the even more ignorant will think it's okay to reinforce her "truths" with a little physical persuasion. I'm not letting the bullies who perpetrated the bullying off the hook, but she is disgusting.

Oh whoops sorry marshalander. If I was a teacher at that school while this happened I would expel the lot permanently. Sorry fir hijacking your thread, been at university and not on here as much.

I just watched the video and it mentioned about lady gaga's song queen which is one the student listened to and next thing i know im a big softy and shedding tears... l think in life if anyone knows anyone whos LBGT and struggling to comes to terms give them this forum link as we all stand proud together helping one another through tough times in life... We are all unique in our own ways as what jamie was...

Kindest regards

zeon x

Lovelyraveboy Wrote:My friend Armando Cosio posted jamey's it gets better video on facebook as a tribute to him, he has actually friended Jamey's best friend on there ... this not only saddens me, but deeply pisses me off.... at school, this year is the first year i have ever seen anti bullying posters posted up on the walls, which really suprised me.... i believe that bullying period should be considered a federal crime, it's just not right, and it needs to stopnow... if we do nothing at all, it's never gonna stop

Unfortunately, bullying is a difficult thing to contend with legally, as, in some instances, bullying laws could directly contradict one's freedom of speech. Perhaps if it went under laws of harassment, bullying could be dealt with without impinging on the rights of free speech.

One thing we should all recognize is that bullying tends to happen most often outside of the ear and eye shot of adult supervision, as bullying tends to be a cowardly behavior. It is not always this way, however--I can remember specific instances from my youth when some teachers ignored bulling and it was actually students who stopped it. I can also remember an instance when something a teacher said prompted students to bully.

Inchante Wrote:Perhaps if it went under laws of harassment, bullying could be dealt with without impinging on the rights of free speech.

Plus in some cases and I mean rare cases people do make things up so they need to make sure the claims are legitimate. I remember a boy at school who used to say he was bullied and teased but he used to start the confrontation. But in this case the poor boy was victimised, I just hope his family can feel comforted at this time.

Inchante Wrote:Unfortunately, bullying is a difficult thing to contend with legally, as, in some instances, bullying laws could directly contradict one's freedom of speech. Perhaps if it went under laws of harassment, bullying could be dealt with without impinging on the rights of free speech.

One thing we should all recognize is that bullying tends to happen most often outside of the ear and eye shot of adult supervision, as bullying tends to be a cowardly behavior. It is not always this way, however--I can remember specific instances from my youth when some teachers ignored bulling and it was actually students who stopped it. I can also remember an instance when something a teacher said prompted students to bully.

When its bullying online it can be recorded as evidence such as this forum if the police were investigating the forum member known as X???? they could do it as online evidence is stronger evidence however karma shall dish the bullies what they deserve and thats not a pot to piss in espcially when they gloat over his death!