Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio station
Which radio station are you listening to right now? I am listening to BBC Radio 5 live - Enjoy the show wake up to money

Well...while it is not listed...I often listen to my own lol

http://axle.servebeer.com:8001/listen.pls

You do need winamp/VLC/iTunes or something that can open *.pls playlists...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Team Rock

Latest rock and metal news, in-depth features, essential reviews, exclusive interviews and unmissable radio and video from TeamRock.

Love it, such a mix of Rock and no ads!!

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_one"]BBC Radio One
[/URL]
Annie Mac

Eh I still like mine better Tongue
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Eh I still like mine better Tongue

Start again I thought yours meant in a radio station not a playlist (@myself read the post properly}.

Cool there used to be a website you could mark your on radio station on years ago, we used to use it school.

I listen to the radio so I can listen to things I haven't heard before.

artyboy Wrote:Start again I thought yours meant in a radio station not a playlist (@myself read the post properly}.

Cool there used to be a website you could mark your on radio station on years ago, we used to use it school.

I listen to the radio so I can listen to things I haven't heard before.

well the stream is encapsulated in a PLS file, same way with some windows media audio streams (ASX)...Basically in the PLS file just tells whatever player you're using how to access the resource/media...like where it is...
Check out my stuff!

National Public Radio news [All Things Considered]
I bid NO Trump!

axle2152 Wrote:well the stream is encapsulated in a PLS file, same way with some windows media audio streams (ASX)...Basically in the PLS file just tells whatever player you're using how to access the resource/media...like where it is...

Cheers might try that out.

artyboy Wrote:Cheers might try that out.

Let me know what you think, particularly the sound quality...

I use a program called stereo tool that allows me to run a multi-band compressor and other things to make it sound more commercial.

The stream itself plays at 36kbps using the AAC HE codec (Advanced Audio Codec - High Efficiency). So it doesn't use a lot of data and actually could stream via dial up...

I find that the sound quality is similar but better than satelite radio like XM or Sirrus. While not CD quality still very listenable. I have been tweaking the compressor here and I think I'm getting it pretty well dialed in...
Check out my stuff!