Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rain Storms
Rain storms could be very romantic especially if you have someone to cuddle with you until the rain stops.

Rain is amazing . I love thunder storms.

I love storms. Having lived in Africa and South East Asia for the last few years Ive seen a few with fantastic thunder and lightening displays.

Ive only every been scared (as in REALLY scared) the once.

I was working in Germany with the Air Force and I got called out around 2am to deal with a tech issue at a site that required me to drive some 40 miles to reach. It was raining with some thunder and lightening when I set off. Anyway about 30 minutes in, and driving through the hills there was an almighty fork of lightening that grounded just to the side of my car, followed by a huge bang, and a smell that I can only describe as burnt hair (not mine!) I actually pulled off the road and was shaking for about 10 minutes before I had to set off again.

That was 25 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. Storms fascinate me. I always get the camera out if I can Smile

ObW
X

Wow, glad you weren't hit! A bolt of lightening hit near my house once and I'm not sure how, but it fried our microwave. It must have hit in just the right place to send a surge of electricity through the wires in the kitchen. Amazing stuff.

I like thunderstorms, apart from when I am trying to sleep.