Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainbow Flag Update
You may have seen my earlier post about a new local business that took down their rainbow flag. It created a bit of a stir here and I have to say I am proud of my community!

I posted a response online to the letter to the editor of our local paper, saying I would fly a rainbow flag at my business to keep theirs company if they put it back up. I didn't think much more about it. So a week ago the owner of the new business came into my shop and said, "Here's what we're doing. Labor Day Weekend we get as many businesses who are willing to fly a rainbow flag, just for the weekend to make a statement. Ours will go back up and stay up."

So I put the flag up in front of my shop today, and counted 10 more as I drove out of town! I suspect there will be even more tomorrow. Labor Day is the last holiday of the summer season here, and our little town is a summer destination. The flags will definitely be noticed.

If the bigots who complained anonymously had kept their mouths shut they would have had just one flag bothering them. Now our town is full of them and they get to see how much of a minority they are here! Here's a shot of mine.

Good on ya!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

GO YOU GOOD THING!

Huge respect for you!

Geminize Wrote:You may have seen my earlier post about a new local business that took down their rainbow flag. It created a bit of a stir here and I have to say I am proud of my community!

I posted a response online to the letter to the editor of our local paper, saying I would fly a rainbow flag at my business to keep theirs company if they put it back up. I didn't think much more about it. So a week ago the owner of the new business came into my shop and said, "Here's what we're doing. Labor Day Weekend we get as many businesses who are willing to fly a rainbow flag, just for the weekend to make a statement. Ours will go back up and stay up."

So I put the flag up in front of my shop today, and counted 10 more as I drove out of town! I suspect there will be even more tomorrow. Labor Day is the last holiday of the summer season here, and our little town is a summer destination. The flags will definitely be noticed.

If the bigots who complained anonymously had kept their mouths shut they would have had just one flag bothering them. Now our town is full of them and they get to see how much of a minority they are here! Here's a shot of mine.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=978]
Good for you! I enjoyed my first pride this summer, and I felt it right that there were so many colours around me.