Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainy day movies
There are movies perfect for watching on a lazy, rainy day. :3 What's yours?

Mine would have to be Blue Valentine. Smile

Rainy days i would love to watch something comeical to brighten up my day

There are lots of good rainy day movies. I personally like to watch Xena episodes xD

One rainy afternoon (age 16) I watched TV (which I rarely did) and ended up seeing The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane with a 13-year-old Jodie Foster as Rynn. Like the day that caused me to watch the movie, much of it took place in the rain. There weren't any gun fights or car chases or explosions, but rather a haunting, eerie, disturbing story that even many guys love. It moved me deeply and affected me and perhaps even indirectly changed my life as I was so inspired by Rynn. And when it rains I can get into the mood to watch this movie again (or read the book).

Another movie I get into the mood to watch on a rainy day is Coraline.

And when I'm just feeling lazy and want to veg out I'm likely to watch The Last Unicorn yet again.

I've just recently been watching a spate of old movie (in black and white)... Last night it was Pride and Prejudice with Laurence Olivier and Greer Garson (and whilst I did not believe in Greer Garson for one minute as being the 18 year old Lizzie, I must admit that Laurence did a splendid job (as usual). Also saw Rebecca once more and watched Mildred Pierce with an actress that I'd heard more about than actually seen at work (what a splendid profile!!!), Joan Crawford...
And then there's always films like Casablanca and All About Eve...

Pix Wrote:One rainy afternoon (age 16) I watched TV (which I rarely did) and ended up seeing The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane with a 13-year-old Jodie Foster as Rynn. Like the day that caused me to watch the movie, much of it took place in the rain. There weren't any gun fights or car chases or explosions, but rather a haunting, eerie, disturbing story that even many guys love. It moved me deeply and affected me and perhaps even indirectly changed my life as I was so inspired by Rynn. And when it rains I can get into the mood to watch this movie again (or read the book).

Another movie I get into the mood to watch on a rainy day is Coraline.

And when I'm just feeling lazy and want to veg out I'm likely to watch The Last Unicorn yet again.

Saw La Petite Fille Au Bout Du Chemin when it came out... Strangely disturbing, indeed... and Jodie (I've always been a fan of hers) is great... Only recently downloaded the Last Unicorn which I have still to watch... Do you recommend it then?

princealbertofb Wrote:Only recently downloaded the Last Unicorn which I have still to watch... Do you recommend it then?

Yes, I love it. But it's light on combat and a bit dream like with early 80s animation which some people don't like. I love the songs (especially the intro) and Christopher Lee as King Haggard is spellbinding to listen to, IMO. I'd think it was more of a girl's movie but so far all the boys I've showed it to loved it, and I'm surprised how many men of various backgrounds have praised this movie, so I'd say it appeals to a wide variety of people.

I would suggest either Prayers for Bobby or anything else on Lifetime Movie Network XD

Casablanca , American Graffiti ,Gone with the wind .

I love really really bad sci fi and horror movies on the Sci Fi Channel on rainy days...I especially love it when the acting is horrible. The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) is one of my favorite bad actors (and he is fun to look at). I just saw a horror movie with him and he was so bad it was beyond excellent.