Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random fact.
East Wrote:I love shopping at antique shows and flea markets and I collect ALOT of "stuff"

Whats the weirdest thing you've collected from one? :p
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

ddd Wrote:There is a girl painted in silver who stand as a statue in the centre of my city. It's some kind of performance, I suppose. Are you scared Marky?
Scared-smiley-face

EURGH they are so freaking creepy! How do you decide you want to do that for a living?!
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Whats the weirdest thing you've collected from one? :p

Weirdest? Hmmmm...that is a tough one.

I have a wall of black and white photos from the Victorian Era and even before that of people who are bizarre or who look uncomfortable in their bodies or who have a lot of character....

I also have a hand craved African Story Board from Mali that is really cool and bizarre...the guy in the middle (I think he is the chief) is half lizard and half human...the carving is amazing and very big

East Wrote:I also have a hand craved African Story Board from Mali that is really cool and bizarre...the guy in the middle (I think he is the chief) is half lizard and half human...the carving is amazing and very big

That sounds pretty interesting! I like hand carved things like that. Okay what would be the purchase you are most proud of?
[/COLOR]

I don't know Marky, but I was wondering how they have the nerves to stay like that hours and hours...

Marky Wrote:That sounds pretty interesting! I like hand carved things like that. Okay what would be the purchase you are most proud of?

Well...my favorite thing is a massive oak time clock that hangs on the wall with a porcelain and enameled face and brass fittings from London from the early 1800s.....

I want to buy a neon jukebox now...and I want to make my dining room a 1940s soda shop style area with a green formica booth and 7up clock and even a 7 up vending machine I saw....working on it now and that will be my new favorite thing..

Do you collect anything?

I hate it when stuff dies. When stuff dies I think about how the cells no longer get the nutrition that would normally be brought to them through the roots of a plant or through the blood or plasma of an animal or insect. I think about how those cells feel sad and hungry (even without a nervous system!). How they feel frightened. They don't know what's going on, they only know that they aren't being fed their vital nutritions. I think about how those cells will never again be alive. I think about how that was all their life ever was and how it will never come to be again.
Random fact about me in so many words.

ddd Wrote:I don't know Marky, but I was wondering how they have the nerves to stay like that hours and hours...

I agree with that. I wonder if they actually earn a lot from it?
[/COLOR]

East Wrote:Well...my favorite thing is a massive oak time clock that hangs on the wall

I love clocks. I've seen an oversized I think station clock I really want but costs a bomb. At the moment I have some cheap imitation but I still love it!

Quote: I want to buy a neon jukebox now...and I want to make my dining room a 1940s soda shop style area with a green formica booth and 7up clock and even a 7 up vending machine I saw....working on it now and that will be my new favorite thing..

That sounds funky - I love that sort of thing. The old gas pumps I think look amazing in a room like that.

Quote: Do you collect anything?

Well I collect designer watches I guess I currently own 14 which doesn't sound many but an expensive hobby, (Sadly nothing like Rolex :p.. Yet!) . Also my nan has passed down recently a coin collection again sounds lame but theres 7 folders of foreign coins some dating back 70 years? Then theres 2 folders of UK coins again some are from the 1800's which I know isn't really something valuable but its quite interesting to look back at them.

If I could collect anything with my own place I think it will be unusual clocks like station clocks or just funky retro designed. I don't know why I love them?
[/COLOR]

It's some kind of a part time job. Actually if you put some coins in the hat close to her legs she makes a move and touches you with her magic stick. I haven't felt really blessed, yet. hehe