Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random fact.
East Wrote:Weirdest? Hmmmm...that is a tough one.

I have a wall of black and white photos from the Victorian Era and even before that of people who are bizarre or who look uncomfortable in their bodies or who have a lot of character....

I also have a hand craved African Story Board from Mali that is really cool and bizarre...the guy in the middle (I think he is the chief) is half lizard and half human...the carving is amazing and very big

Would love to see the Story Board!
[Image: spooky_puppit.jpg]
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

When I was in 6th grade (11 years old), I broke my own finger to win a $20 bet.

swalter Wrote:When I was in 6th grade (11 years old), I broke my own finger to win a $20 bet.

OUCH. How did you do it?! And what did you buy with your winnings? :p
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:OUCH. How did you do it?! And what did you buy with your winnings? :p
I grabbed my right index finger with my left hand, and twisted counterclockwise snapping the joint. It was incredibly stupid and painful. I didn't spend the money on anything special. Candy mostly.

swalter Wrote:I grabbed my right index finger with my left hand, and twisted counterclockwise snapping the joint. It was incredibly stupid and painful. I didn't spend the money on anything special. Candy mostly.

Just thinking about that makes me cringe! I've technically never broken a bone -touch wood. I chipped a piece of my kneecap off - and fractured 4 ribs but never broken a bone!
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Just thinking about that makes me cringe! I've technically never broken a bone -touch wood. I chipped a piece of my kneecap off - and fractured 4 ribs but never broken a bone!
That's what got me into trouble! I had never broken a bone, and when another kid came in with a cast on his arm talking about how painful it was, I laughed and told him he was being a pussy. He said something along the lines of "if you broke a bone you'd be crying like a baby". Soon after, came the bet. Lol jeez I was an idiot!

swalter Wrote:That's what got me into trouble! I had never broken a bone, and when another kid came in with a cast on his arm talking about how painful it was, I laughed and told him he was being a pussy. He said something along the lines of "if you broke a bone you'd be crying like a baby". Soon after, came the bet. Lol jeez I was an idiot!

Eeesh that does sound rough :p My sister has had the worst bone break I've ever seen. She was 8 in school doing P.E, they were on balancing beams.. literally 10cm off the floor, crash mat under she fell off... Her wrist snapped in 3 places and her radius actually came out. A pretty nasty compound fracture - the doctors were amazed at it and said it was one of the worst he had come across, they were worried she'd lose the feeling.

End of the day she had an 8 hour operation and 4 plates, 28 screws later she can use the arm! Plays up a bit in winter though but its alright!
[/COLOR]

Wow, that's a lot worse than my finger! Fractures to the bones in the wrist can be very painful. After my self-inflicted stupidity, I never broke another bone again!

I drank an average of two fifths bourbon (often more and loved other liquors too), at least 48 beers and smoked at least an ounce of weed weekly for six straight years. I made, sold and ate LOTS and LOTS of LSD, quaaludes, valium, xanax, every kind of speed there ever was (pink footballs and yellow jackets were favs), snorted and smoked enough crank, coke and heroin to become a certified lost cause. Quitting smoking cigarettes was FAR more difficult for me and took 16 years to accomplish. I have not smoked in 12 years! I am grateful than addiction led me to recovery from all the pain I medicated for so long! Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I don't like TV and I find very upsetting trash-TV, especially when watched by 'people who are supposed to be intelligent'.
I have a TV in my house but I never connected it to the power...

And... I'm a dog. Dogrun