Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant: 2 Gay guys in a Long Term Relationship. Is it possible?
deleted, can't delete post lol.

j.2154 Wrote:So is it possible to find a good /great match and spend the rest of your life with him?

Yes!

j.2154 Wrote:I know I'll make a great boyfriend for just about any guy.

Really? You think most guys are looking for the same things in a boyfriend? Or the same things make guys laugh?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Yes!

Really? You think most guys are looking for the same things in a boyfriend? Or the same things make guys laugh?

What? And as far as same things, if an LTR is really going to happen, then the goals of the 2 guys should be pretty similar lines or else it's not going to happen, meaning they both want an LTR with each other.

j.2154 Wrote:... So is it possible to find a good /great match and spend the rest of your life with him?
Plenty have done it.
j.2154 Wrote:Should I just give up hope and accept being alone for the rest of my life?
Maybe not hope, but acceptance may make you appear a little less desperate.

j.2154 Wrote:I know I'll make a great boyfriend for just about any guy. So why don't guys want a boyfriend? It's like they enjoy being single lol.
I have a very good friend who I think will also make a very good boyfriend for someone. Then I remember that I didn't want that kind of relationship with him when he clearly wanted one with me. Luck of the draw, I suppose. Not all people enjoy being single. You seem to be one of them.

j.2154 Wrote:So why do I feel like I'm doomed to be alone for the rest of my life? Is it destiny putting all her power to making sure I don't get what I want? She giveth and she taketh away lol.
No, it's more likely some kind of combination of circumstances, personality and availability.

j.2154 Wrote:And why can't I get the thought of wanting a boyfriend out of my head? No matter what I try to get it out it always comes back lol.
Ah well, a starving man is generally preoccupied with the next meal.

Good luck, but in the meantime could you try and be the best you can in those areas of your life over which you do have some control? An interesting and interested man, with an attractive personality could be a very attractive proposition.

marshlander: aww thanks. that actually helps make me feel batter lol Smile

I agree, maybe if I accept it then I won't appear desperate when a guy does come along. Maybe I won't even want a boyfriend and completely forget about dating lol. I have had that one happen once, that was funny lol. Except he didn't want to be boyfriends, but he had a heck of a time trying to get me to actually see him as someone else past friends, past co-workers lol.

And maybe you're right, maybe I don't like being single. But the thought keeps coming in my mind even though I'm trying to train my mind to not think about that and delete the thought preferably completely if I could lol.

Have a great night Confusedmile:

j.2154 Wrote:...Have a great night Confusedmile:
I intend to Rolleyes:redface:

In the meantime since it is only 11am here I'll start thinking about lunch first. Wink

Good luck and best wishes to you. Xyxthumbs

j.2154 Wrote:What? And as far as same things, if an LTR is really going to happen, then the goals of the 2 guys should be pretty similar lines or else it's not going to happen, meaning they both want an LTR with each other.

You misunderstand me. I was expressing skepticism that you would make a good boyfriend for any guy. Both of you wanting a serious committed long-term relationship is necessary but, in my opinion, not nearly sufficient. You need to have similar tastes, etc.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b:
Oh sorry, ya I agree, having similar tastes, preferences, etc. is Much more enjoyable than being exact opposite in almost every way lol.
And as far as me being a good boyfriend for a guy, ya I was a good boyfriend to my ex. Which is why I know I can do it again in the future :-)

There's a hindrances about of what you're talking. In the first place it is difficult to maintain relationships specially of same sex. Think of the way the different sex are doing some of the can't maintain their relationships. They fight for something that is unworthy etc...Big Grin