Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant: Dentistry - Wisdom teeth
Maybe if I bitch-slap you around enough to calm you down, it will also knock out your stoopid teeth!!!!

LOL

You REALLY need all of this work done now, while you are young. If you have it done later, it can cause problems....even knock your jaw out of line.
Even though I had all of my "wisdom" teeth removed at 20 years old, it did something to my jaw, and I still get cramps when chewing food sometimes.

Im sure you can find the means to have all of this done in the next year or so. I would have the bottom ones taken out, then when you recover from that, have the top ones taken out. Just get it over with as soon as possible.

I know its a pain in the ass and the wallet, but believe me, its something you really need done NOW.

And if you need to smack me one, go ahead....Im a big boy, I can take it.

BellyNel Wrote:I was very stupid in not having braces when I was younger. I had them when I was in COLLEGE, back in 2005. Not kidding.

I had VERY bad crooked teeth. How did I get them? I had the annoying typical wisdom teeth. On my lower jaw, one side had two wisdom teeth growing on top of the other. And of course they were coming in on an angle. I must have lost lots of blood removing the impacted wisdom teeth. Also I drank from the milk bottle for too long, when my teeth were coming in. And when I went to the orthodontist, he also said I needed surgery to correct my underbite - my lower jaw juts out. I refused it.

So, I went to the dentist to pull out two perfectly good teeth on top to make room. And since I refused the underbite surgery, the braces forced my top teeth outwards and my lower teeth inwards. Doing this may have created a crossbite.

What did I get out of the braces? A better "smile" that I am sometimes not proud of, loss of my dimples, I think, weight loss, but a little more confidence.

Seems as though I had the opposite problem. I had an overbite. The orthodontist highly recommended surgery to correct my bite. They really don't make alternatives seem worthwhile, as I was told that braces and removal of a few teeth would only be a temporary fix to my teeth. It seemed like a logical explaination at the time and still does.

So because of my arrogance and reluctance to get braces when I was younger, I went through with the surgery known as SARPE about 2 months ago. My bite has drastically changed to the point where it feels a bit unnatural haha, but I have to admit that so far I'm pleased with the results and don't regret the surgery.

Unfortunately genetics has afflicted me and some family members with crooked teeth (I'm almost certain my grandmother was the carrier). Now I just want to correct it and get it out of the way.

Lilitu Wrote:I've heard that some people, especially central americans or people aorund that region don't get wisdom teeth. They're apparently more highly evolved or something.

Highly evolved?? haha It's all based on genetics and mutation. Would be nice to not have wisdom teeth though. They seem to serve no biological purpose in many past and present generations.