Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Introduce Myself
Hi to everyone here at GS :-)

I haven't been to this forum in ages :-) Mostly because I originally came here for help in coming out, and having gotten what help I could, I sorta drifted away.
Not sure if I'm going to be back per se, but we shall see.

My name is Brenden. Im 27 and live in the suburbs of Montreal. For 24 of my 27 years, I was so far in the closet that it nearly drove me to suicide. My life was in shambles, self esteem non-existent and I felt like life wasn't worth living anymore. Coming out turned my life around, since being gay while under the impression that it was wrong was the single heaviest thing weighing on my mind.
Coming out was rather easy for me, My family are supportive and accepting. My friends were a different story, but not all that negative in the end either.

My circle of friends is small, because I'm an introvert, and I also kept my distance from people while in the closet, for fear of being outed during high school. Out of the 4 close friends I had, 1 ended up being in the closet, and another ended up being a homophobe (but he wouldn't admit it if I asked him).

My closet friend has always been hard to live with, cause he's in a place similar to me before I came out, and takes it out on anyone and everyone. After I came out, he and my homophobic friend seemed to feed off each others comments, the homophobic one to poke at my self esteem, the closet one to save face and not be suspected of being gay. It got to the point where after many months of me telling them their comments were hurtful that I said fuck it and dropped them as friends.

Sicne then things have been borderline great Smile I'm starting to build new friendships, and my other 2 close friends, while one I rarely see these days, are completely accepting of me.

I'm still struggling with meeting like-minded people. I am hesitant to go to the bars/clubs in the Village alone, because Im a little old fashioned and personally dont see myself as one for casual encounters. I'm going to have to sooner or later though if I'm to ever meet someone I suppose :/

Thats about it...
Holy Shit, you read ALL of that!? Achievement Unlocked! Wink

Well, back to my neverending quest to find a boyfriend!
here's a monkey crushing a rabbit ---> Bashing

heyhey , welcome back Smile

Heey! I joined a month ago, and I was looking for the same support too and I got what I needed... Ny family is still in denial though.... Welcome back to gayspeak!

Hi welcome back.
An eye for an eye

Welcome back Brenden, if I hear about any queer activities around town less intimidating than the bars I'll give you a heads up :p.

Welcome back! It will be nice if you stick around and post more this timeSmile

I am glad you are feeling better and building a new circle of friends Smile

Welcome back brenden Smile

Welcome back to the forum

Hello!

As you are finding out, hopefully, good friends can make all the difference.