Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading meaning of things
Hi guys, quick question for you all as I am terrible at reading in between the lines and often get things wrong when I do.

A mate of mine who I get on really well with often says to me in txt messages 'You're such a cutie', or 'Awww Markyyy that's so sweet' when I have paid them a complement or done something for them.

What would you guys read into this, I am thinking its probably then just being nice and its me thinking too much about it, but its nice to get an outside opinion.

On some other website, we developed what we called "Lube's Law".

If you think somebody's gay, he's gay.
If you think somebody's interested, he's interested.

Lex

The only way to know if someone is interested in you in more than the platonic sense is to ASK THEM -- either in words in person or by direct, physical contact.

Txting sn't *ever* going to cut it.

It certainly isn't typical straight guy talk... at least in the US.

Not that it would really help, but you could respond back the same way, but pushing it a little...

"You're welcome. Now you owe me a BJ!"

I like that explanation Lex! Smile

I have every reason to believe he is not interested (having 4k+ girlfriends on FaceFool and only liking 'Blond Bombshell' on instagram) and am (pretty much) happy with that, I was just asking what everyone else thought of it really, as it is a bit odd from my point of view as none of my other mates have ever spoken to me in that sort of way.

Maybe thats just the way he is (only known him for going on 6 months now) and its not necessarily a bad thing as its nice to get txts that give you a warm feeling inside after all.

(Apologies if this reply appears twice, i posted a reply earlier but it never appeared!)

z3ro81 Wrote:Hi guys, quick question for you all as I am terrible at reading in between the lines and often get things wrong when I do.

but its nice to get an outside opinion.

*I * strongly * suggest * you *keep * doing *the * same *thing *you *admit *you're *terrible *at * and *keep * expecting * to *get * better * results *.

And keep us updated on your progress.

Virge Wrote:*I * strongly * suggest * you *keep * doing *the * same *thing *you *admit *you're *terrible *at * and *keep * expecting * to *get * better * results *.

And keep us updated on your progress.

Sorry Virge, not quite sure I understand what you mean (its been a long year and the old brain matter is just hanging on in there!)

Do you mean I may be right to think this is odd from a 'Straight guy' and i am not reading it wrong?

What is the age of the texters in question? If you're older and they're younger it could just be a matter of generation gaps. These younger guys aren't as restricted by the same gender roles and limitations we were in the day. It also could very well be they know your buttons and are sucking up for your favors.

Borg69 Wrote:What is the age of the texters in question? If you're older and they're younger it could just be a matter of generation gaps. These younger guys aren't as restricted by the same gender roles and limitations we were in the day. It also could very well be they know your buttons and are sucking up for your favors.

That could be something to do with it as well, they are late teens (20 next year) and i am just past 30.

'You're such a cutie', or 'Awww Markyyy that's so sweet' when I have paid them a complement or done something for them.

Borg69 "It also could very well be they know your buttons and are sucking up for your favors."

late teens (20 next year) and i am just past 30.

test the friendship. Be nice but take away the complements and stop doing things for them.

see if you get 'You're such a cutie', or 'Awww Markyyy that's so sweet'

why are you thinking about this so much? why are you reading into it?