Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading meaning of things
true friends are very hard to find.

bluerealm Wrote:'You're such a cutie', or 'Awww Markyyy that's so sweet' when I have paid them a complement or done something for them.

Borg69 "It also could very well be they know your buttons and are sucking up for your favors."

late teens (20 next year) and i am just past 30.

test the friendship. Be nice but take away the complements and stop doing things for them.

see if you get 'You're such a cutie', or 'Awww Markyyy that's so sweet'

why are you thinking about this so much? why are you reading into it?

I guess I am just trying to get my head around the whole situation really from an outside point of view really.

He is a good mate, we get on well and I am happy enough with that, but at the same time, if there is anything more than that going on and i am sat there thinking 'its just me reading things that ain't there', then I miss the opportunity of something more.

I guess I may just becoming across as being stupid for even posting this thread, but its just a really odd situation because these comments to me (as I have said) just don't add up as being something one guy says to another guy.

bluerealm Wrote:true friends are very hard to find.

Exactly why I want advice, as i don't want to do/say anything that ruins any friendship, which is predominently what it is at the moment.

z3ro81 Wrote:Sorry Virge, not quite sure I understand what you mean (its been a long year and the old brain matter is just hanging on in there!)

Do you mean I may be right to think this is odd from a 'Straight guy' and i am not reading it wrong?

was being sarcastic...

Trying to read other people's hidden meanings when they say things will get you and anyone in trouble most the time. It's not a good habit

If I had a cute, sweet guy texting such to me and I was at risk of possibly misinterpreting I'd pop the ball right back in the other court with something like, "that's sweet talk buddy, I won't be scared if you show me you really mean it." and then leave it well enough alone.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Just wanted to finish this thread off by saying thanks for all the advice you guys have given me.

I supsect you are all correct in thinking there is nothing to read into it, I have not heard from the said person over the xmas period (aside to say thanks for the xmas gifts), so i think the post about knowing the correct buttons to press is right.

It always seems to be me who initates the first contact anyway, so I think the best thing to do now is carry on as i have been (without complements and offers of help with things) and see what happens then.

I supsect it will be a case of 'contact me when he wants something' and I am not playing that game.

There was something i read on another post about knowing the difference between a friend and an acquaintance, this one seems firmly on the acquaintance side!

Oh well, 2015 is a whole new year Smile