• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real friends vs virtual friends
How many virtual friends do you have?

[Image: 1456076465278-12715461_1033397856701254_...0487_n.jpg]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

About as many as I would in real life.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Virtual friends? Since when am I friends with anyone on the Internet?
Oh yeah ... you people ... ughhhhhhh

Chase Wrote:Virtual friends? Since when am I friends with anyone on the Internet?

^ My point exactly!
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Chase Wrote:Virtual friends? Since when am I friends with anyone on the Internet?
Oh yeah ... you people ... ughhhhhhh

But thousands if not millions of people who use Facebook have "friends". I don't because I refuse to use Facebook.

LONDONER Wrote:But thousands if not millions of people who use Facebook have "friends". I don't because I refuse to use Facebook.

And then there are the people who treat Facebook like a point-scoring game, mostly young american girls. They fill their homepage with pics of them jiggling their Mamaries and see how many "friends" they can get. Sometimes I wonder how many of them are really fat middle aged truckers named Gary.

But Facebook is so much more than that. I only use Facebook to keep up with people I've actually met and gotten to know, like my old school friends and my cousins.

LONDONER Wrote:But thousands if not millions of people who use Facebook have "friends". I don't because I refuse to use Facebook.[/FONT]

those people underestimate the meaning of friendship. it is better to have one true friend, than a thousand random people in your social circle who wouldn't even recognize you if you passed them on the street let alone be any kind of entities you can trust.

quantity ranks below quality. always does.

which is why i don't use Facebook. those 'friends' are not real friends and i refuse to diminish the value of the word in such a banal way.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:those people underestimate the meaning of friendship. it is better to have one true friend, than a thousand random people in your social circle who wouldn't even recognize you if you passed them on the street let alone be any kind of entities you can trust.

quantity ranks below quality. always does.

which is why i don't use Facebook. those 'friends' are not real friends and i refuse to diminish the value of the word in such a banal way.

Which is more or less what I was saying with my first post.

Oh, my funeral would probably be like that. I have tonnes of Facebook friends, most of which are the people that I have actually encountered in real life, just that we might have exchange few words, yet that's enough of a reason for us to add each other. Anyway, I'm "cleaning" up my friends list, especially when it's their birthday or I got wedding e-invitation. Seems like a perfect time.

Most people I have on Facebook I at least know in real life...some I don't. I mean it is one thing to try to "network" and try to meet new people, etc... I think it is both silly and foolish to add 2-3,000 people to your friends list, you simply don't know who these people are or if they have ill intentions....

In other words if I add someone and they don't bother to speak to me or interact with me over time I just remove them.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!