Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real men don't eat quiche...
... Or such was the title to a popular book about gender stances, a while back. Well, I beg to differ on this one. Real men and unreal men DO eat quiche and even cook them!!! I just had to make one this luchtime as the place was cold and miserable and wet (outside) but it's cold inside too now so I wanted the oven on. Nothing ready for lunch, so a quick look around the fridge and there are all the ingredients to make a warm, gorgeous-smelling and appetizing
QUICHE!
I hope some of you like it too and don't feel threatened in their masculinity. (By the way, it's a traditional dish from Lorraine and is pronounced KEESH)

Wish my Marshlander had been here to sample it with me. It did its comfort food trick of feeding me at lunchtime. Hahaha.

What the title really meant, in those days, was that QUICHE sounded too finicky and too subtly French, when in fact it's rather good hearty food (and carriable for picnics and packed lunches)... so what's unmasculine about that, eh?
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet", the great bard said.

princealbertofb Wrote:... Wish my Marshlander had been here to sample it with me. It did its comfort food trick of feeding me at lunchtime. Hahaha. ...
Just got back from London where my brother insisted on pie and mash for lunch (he can't get them in the USA where he lives), while my dad had eels and mash. Not much for the discerning vegetarian in a pie shop! I had a nice time, but I would have preferred your quiche, honey. Definitely one for the restaurant.

Nope i hate quiche, i dont really like eggs or cheese...

I do like hummus tho lol

antm55 Wrote:Nope i hate quiche, i dont really like eggs or cheese...

I do like hummus tho lol

Hmmmmm, hummus is great, but no relation to quiche whatsoever... Laugh1

princealbertofb Wrote:Hmmmmm, hummus is great, but no relation to quiche whatsoever... Laugh1

yeah sorry, its becuase im eating some right now and is so good

antm55 Wrote:yeah sorry, its becuase im eating some right now and is so good
Have you found the poll yet???

yeah i voted

The only way I really like eggs is in quiche. I am sure that book was written by a conservative American. Reminds me of the time when the French government voted against USA interest or something and we stared calling french fries FREEDOM fries... well, I didnt. Happy to say we are back to french fries.

I don't actually like Quiche... yet my mum and nan would quite happily eat it... guess I don't share their tastebuds!

fjp999 Wrote:The only way I really like eggs is in quiche. I am sure that book was written by a conservative American. Reminds me of the time when the French government voted against USA interest or something and we stared calling french fries FREEDOM fries... well, I didnt. Happy to say we are back to french fries.

Well, you're a well-travelled man, Frank, so yes, anyway, thanks for that vote of confidence.
It all sounded terribly stupid at the time, people uncorking French wine and spilling the bottles into the gutter to show protest, and in the end, who was right not to go into Iraq for that beastly war? Was it Dubbya?