Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality Shows
I know some people find it "shallow and trashy" and stuff but over the summer vacation I became addicted to them! I'm not really a fan of the competition ones, the only one of those that I like (more like LOVE) is America's Next Top Model. Sadly, I don't have the channel that it shows on anymore. Cry
I should really get it back, I love that it had a marathon of it every weekend!

Aside from that I like Keeping Up With The Kardarshians (and by extension Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami), Jerseylicious, The Bad Girls Club, The Real World and SOMETIMES Jersey Shore (they just piss me off so much).

The serious reality shows that I like are World of Jenks, True Life, Made and If You Really Knew Me. If You Really Knew Me is just amazing, I wish that it came to my school. I know this will sound corny but it changed my life when I first saw it. It's so sad too, I swear I cry everytime I see it.

So yeah! Do you guys watch any?

I found Reality Shows are not so real so I am not into them.
The only show, I have finished so far is some music shows but I don't know if they count. Like British Got Talent, American Idol,...

Also, I watched a gay show names "Boy Meet Boy". Big Grin That show was terrible fake but the guys were cute Big Grin

I like Amazing Race, Big Brother, Flipping Out and My Life On The D List....guilty pleasures, especially Big Brother which is just ridiculous, but I'm drawn to it (I even find myself watch the live Big Brother
After Dark on Showtime)

I am addicted to Top Chef and Project Runway...and anything with Gordon Ramsey (Hells Kitchen). Top Chef is definitely my favorite.

Pawn Stars? Does that count as a reality show? I guess I like that one the most. The first reality show I liked a lot was The Real World back in the 90's. I liked the one where they're in San Francisco. I'm not so sure about it, but I believe there was a gay couple in that one. That made me aware of homosexuality and I was not against it at all. I was probably in my early teens when it aired. I may have been as young as 11. I'm not quite sure.

Generally, I'm not a big fan of 'em. In my opinion, there's a lot of really stupid ones and they may even dumb down their audience.

I wish these shows would stop, some of them drive me crazy. Big Brother recently finished it's FINAL series and most of the nation breathed a collective sigh of relief, being returned to a normal viewing schedule not being hijacked by hours of footage of people sleeping.

They make a lot of sense as TV shows - they're cheap, entertaining, controversial, and cover a guise of 'truth' despite the producers utmost intentions to cause disharmony and havoc, which miraculously the guests never seem to even consider they might've been set up for.

If I had to eat my own hat and choose one it would be 'come dine with me' Smile (a Brit version where hosts compete for the best dinner party in suburban homes) for the sheer bitchiness of it all; the people seem more down to earth and the voiceover guy is a delicious bastard. Not physically, but oh the quips.

I always heated reality TV, give me good old fashion scripted TV any day. The only reality show I ever watched was the first season of American Idol after that I didn’t watch any reality TV. Unless you count unless you count those Worlds Scariest Police Chase shows, I think they count as reality TV I love to watch a good car chase.

I forgot The Ultimate Fighter I have seen every single season of TUF, cause in that shows all the house drama ends in a cage fight….when does that stop being entertaining? (the answer never)

Sil Wrote:I wish these shows would stop, some of them drive me crazy. Big Brother recently finished it's FINAL series and most of the nation breathed a collective sigh of relief, being returned to a normal viewing schedule not being hijacked by hours of footage of people sleeping.

They make a lot of sense as TV shows - they're cheap, entertaining, controversial, and cover a guise of 'truth' despite the producers utmost intentions to cause disharmony and havoc, which miraculously the guests never seem to even consider they might've been set up for.

If I had to eat my own hat and choose one it would be 'come dine with me' Smile (a Brit version where hosts compete for the best dinner party in suburban homes) for the sheer bitchiness of it all; the people seem more down to earth and the voiceover guy is a delicious bastard. Not physically, but oh the quips.
100% agreed. Oh the quips indeed.:biggrin:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I love Keeping Up with The Kardashians, The Hills, The City, Project Runway/Models of the Runway, and Big Brother.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk