Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recently Terminated! Please Help!
I was recently terminated from my job this week. I feel I was terminated for the wrong reasons ( Discrimination toward my sexual oriention). After I left the office I went to see a friend of mine that gave me some information on organiztions to contact. I contacted one and they got back to me pretty soonSmile But the real problem is I'm so bored now and I really liked that job. For the last 3-4 days I have been sitting here watching TV and going to the gym which gets pretty repeatative after awhile. I have filed for unemployment and began looking for jobs...but when thats done what is next? Can anyone relate?

You had me worried there for a minute, Miller91. Here in England HR departments tend to terminate jobs rather than people Wink

Yes I guess I can relate a little. Since my means of earning a living is project based I often seem to have time to write, compose, practise, but the times I can spend on doing those things don't always coincide with the times when I want to do them. I can waste a phenomenal amount of time on the web though :redface:

Sorry mate, best of luck in your search, hopefully you find an employer and workmates who will value your skills and personality.

Do stuff you've always wanted to do but never had the time to do, go see a movie, write a story, make a garden, crash a party, get drunk...and then take up a new job...

marshlander Wrote:You had me worried there for a minute, Miller91. Here in England HR departments tend to terminate jobs rather than people Wink

Yes I guess I can relate a little. Since my means of earning a living is project based I often seem to have time to write, compose, practise, but the times I can spend on doing those things don't always coincide with the times when I want to do them. I can waste a phenomenal amount of time on the web though :redface:

thanks for your concern. I wish I lived in England..lol...yeah wasting time on here really help make s me feel not alone. I also wrote about it an another forum called:Askmen.com, they were really helpful.

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:Do stuff you've always wanted to do but never had the time to do, go see a movie, write a story, make a garden, crash a party, get drunk...and then take up a new job...

Good idea. I started running and working out more. I did gain alot of weight the job I was working at. When I firt got hired I was in tip top shape and felt reallly good about myself. The job was a total sit down job. And they had snacks every where so Id sit and eat all day.

romannose Wrote:Sorry mate, best of luck in your search, hopefully you find an employer and workmates who will value your skills and personality.

Thats what I have been focusing on lately. I live in Lansing, MI so theres not much of a gay community. but we do have a gay newpaper and i started reading that this week.

Hello,
I hope you win the dismissal claims however the key to being unemployed is to be looking ONWARDS AND UPWARDS dont look back or u get low

gilhooly Wrote:If you have extra time, the nicest thing one man can do for another is to give him your seed.
You'll like it better than gym or tv. You'll probably want to try it again.

what do you mean by give him your seed?

zeon Wrote:Hello,
I hope you win the dismissal claims however the key to being unemployed is to be looking ONWARDS AND UPWARDS dont look back or u get low

yeah well things are going really well right now. the women helping me is forwarding the info to her superiors!