Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is the gay community so sexual?
Gideon Wrote:I agree with some of the others here, that wasn't so much "sexual" as crass, rude and obnoxious. Absolutely lacking class and composure and was probably a drunken "prank" more than a legit offer. Some people just like attention and making others uncomfortable, and honestly with the description, it sounds more like they were trying to harass a couple of straight guys than hit on gay ones. But then, that's just me and if it had been -mine- they touched, blood would have spattered the food and fucked up everyone's dinner.

Interesting fact: I don't share well with others and someone besides me disrespecting Twist's personal space is NOT okay.

Would you actually consider that you are disrespecting Twist's personal space, [MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION] ? I would say that maybe you 'invade' it sometimes, but not disrespect it, which is a different kettle of fish (or something more appropriate). :biggrin:

princealbertofb Wrote:Would you actually consider that you are disrespecting Twist's personal space, [MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION] ? I would say that maybe you 'invade' it sometimes, but not disrespect it, which is a different kettle of fish (or something more appropriate). :biggrin:

You're right. He invades my space all the time, but he has never in the nine years we've been together disrespected me or my space.

Good point, Prince. I have a very deep respect for that space, so mine is definitely more of an invasion.

Disrespecting him and his space will definitely cause me to invade someone else's though. And in a not as fun way.

(PS...Happy Anniversary, babyboy...since you brought it up. Heh)

I'm sorry, but did any of that actually happen?

You two, [MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION] & [MENTION=20738]TwisttheLeaf[/MENTION], get a room ! :biggrin:

LOL Aw Prince, but we LIKE a good audience and exhibition

*Winks*

too much testosterone binding together.

Something you need to learn about gay bars, gay areas, gay events (Pride, Market Days, Mardi Gras), gay restaurants, etc. is how to politely and sometimes firmly tell someone that you are not interested.

Your BF needs to be able to do that too.

Hell you need to be able to tell girls your not interested as put alcohol in them and they will be all over you if you are good looking or they find you attractive.

Welcome to the real world.
Use a condom.

The incident you describe sounds more like bullying to me than any serious attempt at a sexual encounter. You and your partner looked like quiet, respectable, reserved men and these jerks targeted you because they thought they could have a little "fun" at your expense. Bullies are essentially cowards. If you and your partner had been big, muscular dudes dressed like bad-ass bikers, they wouldn't have bothered you even if you were openly making out.

That being said, I find that because I'm separated from my husband and pretty much don't date, there are men who regard me as easy prey...no pretense, I recently had a guy tell me that what I need is "a good, hot fuck". I get hit on a lot, by guys who think I'll be grateful for a little action. Lol not so much.

But is this a "gay community": issue? Because I know women who experience the same thing from straight guys.

Anonymous Wrote:Why are gay people so hyper sexual?
Fist of all, I'm sorry this happened to you and your partner. Bad taste, bad form, and, indeed, a form of bullying.

That said, as a gay man, I take some slight offense to the way you've worded this question. You're making a VAST and BROAD generalization based on a specific incident that involved specific men. Had you said, "Why are some gay men so hyper sexual," that would be one thing... but to generalize a specific outward to include an entire class of people -- indeed, the whole "gay community" -- just isn't right. It suggests you're not selective in your thinking nor precise in your wording.

I'm a gay man. I've NEVER behaved in the manor you've described. After loosing two lovers (brain tumor for one and heart attack for the other), I was celibate for well over a decade. Now that I *am* being sexual again (and I admit to having a lot of sex and enjoying it), I have never and would never do what these men did. I *respect* personal boundaries and the boundaries set by men in relationships.

You were upset and offended by this incident. Understandably so. I'd feel the same way if I were you, but what I would NOT do is generalize it outward to include "all" gay men or the entire (so called) "gay community". I've been around long enough to know there are ALL kinds of people (regardless of sexual orientation); that many are hyper sexual... including many gay men. But that simply isn't a fact that ALL gay men or the entire gay community behaves in a rude, inconsiderate, and confrontational manner. Do some? Yes, obviously. But I know many men who would be just as offended by what you experienced as you and your partner rightfully were.