100%

80%

60%

40%

20%

10%

0%

Lets say you were born a true romantic.

From the time you could hold the thought, all you wanted was to love and be loved by your one and only with all the bonus that brings.

Lets say you thought you found your one and only half a year ago but suddenly he cant deal and destroys your heart and soul.

The both of you had planned your entire life together leaving not one detail to chance making the future a reality in your mind.

It has been a couple months after the crush of heart and soul but he has placed himself in your every cell bringing chaos into every aspect of your life.

What are the chances of healing? Please pick a percentage and if possible a time frame.

There are no percentage and no time frames. You always heal fully and the time frame is up to you entirely.
Some people do it quickly some others take over.

I'm going to have to disagree with some of the last comment. I don't believe we ever heal fully, but those little cracks in our character contribute to making us the person we become. My concern would be that if this happened to me, would I be so badly damaged that I could only live my life by damaging others or would the heartbreak help make me kinder to those aound me ...

Best wishes for whatever direction it may be that your life leads you.

I am going to follow the suggestion of a good friend who always prescribes a

Bighug

I think a broken relationship is a bit like something or someone dying and so it takes time to heal. It's almost a period of mourning. It's never easy, but time does help. I'm not sure you can heal one hundred percent... In a way, it may be better that it leaves its print on your soul, so that you can grow inside and become someone new. Be aware of new possibilities when they arise though. Every cloud has a silver lining, so the saying goes.

marshlander Wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with some of the last comment. I don't believe we ever heal fully

Only if you allow that to happen to you. It is a choice like everything else in life.

Phantom68 Wrote:Only if you allow that to happen to you. It is a choice like everything else in life.
Not everything in life is a choice. The only choice we have is in how we initiate events or respond to them.

marshlander Wrote:Not everything in life is a choice. The only choice we have is in how we initiate events or respond to them.

We have to agree to disagree on this one. Everything in life is a choice to me. End, as you say, you can choose your attitude in response to events and therefore you can choose to let go of events as quickly as you comfortably can and therefore heal and be whole again.
I am not saying you do not learn anything from the experience, what I am saying is with time the experience will be just a memory that won't hurt you anymore. And if you allow that memory to control you and how you respond to future events than you have lost your freedom.
If that is the way people choose to live their lives good luck to them. That is not what I have chosen in my life, even when faced with the loss of a partner I loved very much or a life threatening disease.

Anonymous Wrote:What are the chances of healing? Please pick a percentage and if possible a time frame.

marshlander Wrote:I don't believe we ever heal fully, but those little cracks in our character contribute to making us the person we become.

I think that Marshlander hit the nail on the head. You won't go back to how you were before, you will learn and from from this and every other experience. It takes time, how much it will take for you I cannot say.

Phantom68 Wrote:Only if you allow that to happen to you. It is a choice like everything else in life.

marshlander Wrote:Not everything in life is a choice. The only choice we have is in how we initiate events or respond to them.

Phantom68 Wrote:We have to agree to disagree on this one. Everything in life is a choice to me. End, as you say, you can choose your attitude in response to events and therefore you can choose to let go of events as quickly as you comfortably can and therefore heal and be whole again.

I think that there is the crucial distinction, letting go as quickly as you comfortably can. The difficulty is when you just can't let go comfortably and know you must let go painfully, how set about dealing with that?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.