Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rectal bumps
Hello, I know the title sounds like a joke but please bear with me. I need advice on a health issue. This is not going to be very sexy.
So I noticed about two days ago that on the anterior wall of my rectum just above the anal sphincter there is a patch of small bumps. I don't have any unusual pain, bleeding or itching. The bumps are a bit painful to the touch.
I've read on the internet that the most common causes are internal haemorrhoids and warts caused by HPV. On the subject of haemorrhoids I've read that they are usually located further in the rectum and I wouldn't be able to find them with a finger. Besides, there isn't any bleeding as I say.
The anal warts seem more plausible. But I've never had any warts on any other area of the body, genital or otherwise. Howver, I've never tested for HPV either.

So I have two questions:
1) if they are warts caused by HPV, what should I do? I know that they aren't really a serious issue, but I imagine the situation is rather different when I have frequent anal sex. Should I stop?
2) what could be other causes? I must mention that I've been having a lot of anal sex lately, more than anytime before in my life (with only one partner though), so I can't help thinking this constant irritation might be responsible somehow. Could they be for example infected tears in the tissue?

I hope someone can help me, I'm kinda worried.