Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recurring, Shared dream
I used to have this recurring dream about a house that belonged to my great grandmother. Although In the dream I had an awareness of it being her house it did not look like her actual house. It was much larger and always in disrepair. The dream always seems very ominous. I walk through the house exploring it with deep fascination and I am especially interested in the attic which is in the worst shape , floors falling in and such. So it is actually dangerous to explore the attic. I feel as though I have a longing to own the house because of its interesting structure and potential to be a wonderf home. I always think to make the attic my special space. I had the dream starting in early childhood about once or twice a year. Oddly enough I haven't had the dream since my grandmother passed last year.

The house is probably not your grandmother's house. It's more likely to be YOUR house... in other words your mind and your emotions. Some parts of that house are in disrepair and although you are clearly afraid of exploring some of those areas, such as the attic (which could be your brain ie your heart), you are still interested in exploring your ''house''... Sounds like all the stuff you've been telling us about exploring another aspect of your emotions.

I like it. I thought of the house as my unconscious and I am extremely interested in exploring it.

I like the way you think Prince Albert. I think we are bound to have some great conversations

Amazingly or maybe not so amazingly the day after describing my dream about my great grandmothers house I had a similar dream but this time the house belonged to my paternal grandmother. The previous dreams had been about my maternal great grandmother. This time the house was not in disrepair but in great shape. It was however located in a bad neighborhood. I still had the same fascination with all the rooms that made up the house and I remember particular interest in the color of the hard wood floors which were almost black. I also had the same deep longing to own the house. I thought that since it was in a bad neighborhood that I could afford it. I kept pleading with my dad not to tear it down or give it away because I really wanted it for myself. I remember repeating several times "but I used to huny Easter eggs here". In real life the house that belonged to the grandmother in question actually belongs to my dad and is in a terrible neighborhood. It has been so vandalized by local crack heads that my dad is having trouble even giving it away. And he and I have discussed the possibility of removing the hard wood floors to put in my house one day should I ever have a house of my own.
Thoughts?

I have post-apocalyptic dreams often... well, often in relation to the frequency at which I dream. Half of them involve zombies or mutants or raiders or something, and im always the eye in the sky sending 400 grain angels to protect whatever hapless group/individual I spot with my glass... the other ones im holed up in a bunker, trying to invent something to kickstart humanity again..

I don't remember having a dream since I was about 10 years old. Am I really dreamless or just unable to remember. I sleep comfortably and wake up well rested. I seem to be immune from depression. I'd like to know what a dream feels like.

gilhooly Wrote:I don't remember having a dream since I was about 10 years old. Am I really dreamless or just unable to remember. I sleep comfortably and wake up well rested. I seem to be immune from depression. I'd like to know what a dream feels like.

Teach me Master how to achieve a dreamless sleep - I need that so badly.

I'm sure I'm not the only one but I have extremely odd dreams where it's like I'm watching a movie where I am a main character. I have zombie dreams where Beyonce is slaying the zombie van trapp family while she dressed in a super glamorous red gown...yeah