Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red spots on torso
Anytime I've gone swimming recently, I keep getting these red spot on my torso. But once I dry off and look, they are gone. Is this something I should get checked out? Any idea what it could be?

Try webmd.com and see if anything comes up. Just don't read into anything or you'll think you're dying.

Just to get an idea. But if it goes away that fast, I shouldn't think it anything serious my friend.

It sounds like it might be an allergic reaction to the chemicals they put in the cool water. When I was young, I had a similar thing happen (but that was in natural, hot spring water.)

Are you swimming in a chlorinated swimming pool? Do you have a history of eczema? Or asthma?

I'm guessing that you might have a sensitivity to chlorine. Some places over chlorinate their pools (or hot tubs).

Make sure you shower after swimming (only use a mild soap so that you don't further irritate your skin).
Don't rub your skin dry in that area when toweling off.
And, maybe try some unscented lotion for dry skin.

Definitely something to mention to your doctor, especially if you have a history of eczema/asthma, so that you are both aware that chlorine is an irritant. But, overall it sounds like a minor skin irritation as it goes away so quickly.

Other than that, I'm out of guesses! Confusedmile:

If it's large, it could be a reaction to exhaustion - matter of thermo regulation. But if it happens only in swimming pools I would guess it's an allergy. Although I have never seen it go away so quickly.

id go for alergic reaction too - i once had a strawberry yogurt and had a similar outbreak ,, got an antihistamine tablet form first aid and it was gone within an hour

Ocean or pool, river?

If it is ocean it could be sea lice, if it's pool could be chlorine reaction.
River is another thing all together as it could be bacteria from algae.

Either way ,do try to get to see a dermatologist.
Keep us posted.