Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relapse
Hello,

First of all, thank you everyone who responded to my previous threads as i'm very new to this forums. Your replies and recommendations have helped me more than you'd ever imagine.

Alright, here goes my topic.

In the year 2010, I had graduated from highschool, joined one of the best colleges around the place i live in, my dad bought me my dream car, I went from being very introvert to sort of extrovert. I made lots of friends and my life was just getting better.

In the year 2011, I lost weight to look physically better. I was one of the top students in my college scoring 3.90 GPA, I traveled to the USA (LA, San Diego, Las Vegas, New York, Orlando), i met many new people and i was extremely happy about how things are improving despite the fact that my sexual life was still bad.

In the year 2012, this year is my worst year in my life. I became very arrogant with my family as they were pressuring me to do what they found best for me rather than respecting my own decisions, I never stayed at home i was always at my friends' home, I stopped studying and started to skip classes, i gained weight, i destroyed two relationships with my cousins, it was such a depressing year and i started to procrastinate a lot! I never do my duties and i lost all my motivation and dedication. I was so good at everything I did, even in college I took no one's advice and people used to always ask me how to do such things as i was the ultimate one among them, but now it all got destroyed. Even my GPA dropped from 3.90 to 3.2

In the year 2013, here i am today typing all this for you people. Tomorrow is my first day in college. I don't just want to go back to where i used to be, I actually want to be better than what i used to be. I don't want to mess up my final semester in college as i know if i do well this semester i'll be able to move to the USA. Please guys tell me how can i gain my persistence back. I just seem to be stuck in this current zone where I do nothing but waste my time. I haven't done a single useful thing for like a year now. All i've been doing was play games and try to forget about everything that goes wrong in my life.

I don't even try to be more than I am any more I'm just me and maybe that's not very good at very much but it doesn't matter. I can't fix my past or make up for it so all I can do is stay alive and do what I can for one of my own if I meet one. That's only happened twice in my life and the first one is dead now but maybe I can help the second one win one more time or at least not let them win one more time.

So I'm not the beast one to answer you but I''d say just do what you can and be nobody it that's all you can be because even being nobody is better than a lot of things you could be.

Kat Wrote:I don't even try to be more than I am any more I'm just me and maybe that's not very good at very much but it doesn't matter. I can't fix my past or make up for it so all I can do is stay alive and do what I can for one of my own if I meet one. That's only happened twice in my life and the first one is dead now but maybe I can help the second one win one more time or at least not let them win one more time.

So I'm not the beast one to answer you but I''d say just do what you can and be nobody it that's all you can be because even being nobody is better than a lot of things you could be.

but the problem is that i just don't know why i lost all my motivation, and i don't know how i can restore it beating all the procrastination i go through

Sometimes we get too involved in trying to eat the elephant. Elefant What I mean by that is that we sometimes have such big goals that seem so overwhelming that we lose site of the goal itself. My niece, who is also at your age, is having some of the same difficulties. So I will tell you what I tell her:

1. Respect your journey! Take time to enjoy life. You are at an age where that is what you are supposed to do. But temper that with goal setting. Every week set a goal for yourself in each area of your life. Write them down if you want. For example: For studying, set a goal that you will get a certain score on an upcoming test. Then, base your "fun" on whether or not you achieve that goal. If you do achieve it, do something nice for yourself. If you don't? Don't beat yourself up, just set a new goal and promise yourself that you will do better in the future. The journey is best when it is flavored periodically with love and laughter.

2. Respect your people. This means anyone in your life, but particularly your parents/family. If you listen to them, actually listen to them, you may find that they have some good ideas and insight. Eventually, you will have to make your own decisions, but try to do so without acting arrogant or rude. Tell them that you respect their words every once in a while. What you do with that input is up to you, but at least be gentle.

3. Respect yourself! Your life, your body, your mind, your soul...YOU need to respect all of you. Running amok may actually feel good temporarily, but in the end does nothing to feed your heart, mind and body. For your body- find an exercise program or activity that you LOVE, not just like. Then make time to do it by putting it in your schedule. For your heart- Set a goal to weekly do something for someone else. The best of these gifts are unexpected and given without a selfish thought. For your mind- Open up your mind by trying something new and different every week. Read about, or experience a different culture. Do something to put yourself outside of your normal box.

Good luck. The world is with you and wants you to succeed. You just have to apply yourself. Bighug

Lalo Wrote:Sometimes we get too involved in trying to eat the elephant. Elefant What I mean by that is that we sometimes have such big goals that seem so overwhelming that we lose site of the goal itself. My niece, who is also at your age, is having some of the same difficulties. So I will tell you what I tell her:

1. Respect your journey! Take time to enjoy life. You are at an age where that is what you are supposed to do. But temper that with goal setting. Every week set a goal for yourself in each area of your life. Write them down if you want. For example: For studying, set a goal that you will get a certain score on an upcoming test. Then, base your "fun" on whether or not you achieve that goal. If you do achieve it, do something nice for yourself. If you don't? Don't beat yourself up, just set a new goal and promise yourself that you will do better in the future. The journey is best when it is flavored periodically with love and laughter.

2. Respect your people. This means anyone in your life, but particularly your parents/family. If you listen to them, actually listen to them, you may find that they have some good ideas and insight. Eventually, you will have to make your own decisions, but try to do so without acting arrogant or rude. Tell them that you respect their words every once in a while. What you do with that input is up to you, but at least be gentle.

3. Respect yourself! Your life, your body, your mind, your soul...YOU need to respect all of you. Running amok may actually feel good temporarily, but in the end does nothing to feed your heart, mind and body. For your body- find an exercise program or activity that you LOVE, not just like. Then make time to do it by putting it in your schedule. For your heart- Set a goal to weekly do something for someone else. The best of these gifts are unexpected and given without a selfish thought. For your mind- Open up your mind by trying something new and different every week. Read about, or experience a different culture. Do something to put yourself outside of your normal box.

Good luck. The world is with you and wants you to succeed. You just have to apply yourself. Bighug

Thank you so much that made me feel way better, i promise i'll follow your advice Smile

Nobody can tell you how to get your old ways back.

Only you know how it got to be so bad, and only you know how to get back on track.

You've got to do some soul searching and some meditation on what it is you need to do to get your life on track for you.

College is stressful. Family life can be stressful. Its up to you to find out how to manipulate the two, on order for them to work in your life.

I think the most important part here is that you recognize the need for change. A lot of people keep going down this path of destruction. Now that you have identified problems you know what needs to be changed.

Just live life one day at a time and try to be the best person you can be. Don't hold yourself up to perfection because you will always fail.

Hi, I guess I'm having the same problems too so i can totally understand your feelings. Totally lost of motivation to do anything that I was supposed to work on and no interests in whatever things. Let's work on it together to get back to the paths!

Rather than concentrating on who you were back then , try to be the best person you can be right now.
Start changing your behaviour your out look on life , baby steps each one will take you further away from destruction and closer to happiness and achievement .

I'm always here! Smile