Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relationship Guys - How'd You Meet?
Princealbertofb and I got to know each other through the old gay.com message boards, a discussion forum a bit like this one. In August 2002 he sent me a private reply to something I posted and I wrote back. We were soon sending each other e-mails daily and we carried on doing that for months, before we spoke on the telephone and eventually met.

javidc123 Wrote:i would rather stick to what ive started doing now..meet them the old fasioned way...to me meeting people on the internet is for one thing and one thing only..sex..thats what most people do it for

While there is a lot of truth in what you say, I think it does depend on the site. There are sites out there for people looking for something serious. I really don't see how my bf's path and mine would have crossed in real life. The Internet certainly widens the pool, but it does have it's downsides.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

My boyfriend and I got to know each other in a gay forum. Now we've loved for 1 year and only met twice in that time. But my love will never change

fredv3b Wrote:While there is a lot of truth in what you say, I think it does depend on the site. There are sites out there for people looking for something serious. I really don't see how my bf's path and mine would have crossed in real life. The Internet certainly widens the pool, but it does have it's downsides.
I agree. I don't see how PA and I might ever have met if not for the web.

Saw his gay date ad.....he was so honest and we met next day....
Been with him now 10 years. The best years of my life...Confusedmile:

If you meet the right one! Do your best and rest will follow....

I have been a long term relationship for 23 years. For at least the past 2 years I have really had strong feelings of wanting out. When we met, I was 27 and he was 57 - 30 years age difference. I am probably what you would call "kept". When we bagan our life together, I did have a full time job, my own car but as time went on, he bacame more and more needy and wanting me around all the time. He was not at all sad when I lost my job and was at home. Soon, he retired and we moved to another state. I never got another job as he said that I didn't have to work. I love being alone and was very happy when I was single. I never had enough space and time to myself. He has never liked being alone and over the years has grown more and more dependent on me. I cook, clean, and do just about everything. He had a mild stroke last April and I took care of him but it really drained me. I dream about what it would be like to be single, free of taking care of someone else 24/7. I guess I am burned out. The fact that I will be turning 50 this month doesn't seem to help either. I feel I have wasted 23 years of my life and I truely have nothing to show for it. Believe me, I love him but also resent him for trapping me, but at the same time, I resent myself for allowing it to happen and should have left years ago. Everything we have is in his name. I have abosolutely nothing. Of course, when and if anything happens to him, I will inherit as he did manage to take care to see that I was taken care of when he's gone. I haven't talked to him about this as it would literally kill him if he thought I was unhappy. He will be 80 in May and his health is not the best - good - but not the best. Since the stroke last year, his memory has been failing some and he is becoming feeble. The doctor said last April after he had the stroke that he also has a 90% blockage in his head that is "inoperable" and that it could rupture at any time. He has bad headaches every now and then and each time we wonder if "this is it?" So, you see, I am trapped and I am all that he has. I also can't leave as I have no ways to support myself - and it would kill him if I left. I wish I could get over this feeling of how great it would be to be alone, but it keeps getting stronger as each day goes by. I guess I am not looking for any advice on what to do, I just really wanted to "vent". Thanks for listening.

Well as I have only got ex's now ill explain those....

1st boyfriend: Met on gaydar met up and he said i can have sex if i say i love you so i said i love you and got my end away and split up 4 weeks later VERDICT - TOO POSSESSIVE

2ND BOYFRIEND: I used to have a guild on Myth of soma (MMORPG) My deputy leader turned out to be gay and i spent a while calling him via phone then met up and we got on well and formed a relationship... Moved to inverness and then moved back home after he ended it lol... Verdict - Cheated with my only mutual friend up there

3rd Boyfriend: - Met on interpals.net as friends corresponded for a little while and then for some unknown reason i asked him out after realising i stood more of a conversation with a brick wall i ended it Verdict : Too quiet

4th Boyfriend: One night stand introduced by a friend... Next day moved in and lasted five years before splitting up and now we live together with a committed mortgage and have said any boyfriend we get MUST understand we will be apart of each others lives and live in harmony together Verdict: Stress related circumstances broke us up

We met online. Although I saw him first, he was the first one to make contact. We chatted for a few weeks and met. For me (and I think that for him, too) it was love at first sight. He was so safe, warm, nice and caring. Romantic and *dundundun* HOT.

We've been together for almost 2 years. I feel good about us, we've talked about living together, hopefully next winter these thoughts will transform into some action. =)