Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relationship advice please :)
So, there's this guy I know, and we were getting on really well. He's bi though, and one of my other mates fancied him as well. So at his birthday party a week ago she took him outside and, in an attempt to embarrass me told him how much I fancied him... but it backfired and he came back into the room saying "he'd gladly fuck me".

So we ended up having this awkward talk with him basically accusing me of being embarrassed and telling me to stop worrying - but in doing so I ended up feeling worse; and we ended up being fairly awkward with each other.

Not long after - that same night - I ended up leaving with a few other friends for a bit to get a change of clothes from her boyfriend (as I was still wearing my uniform), and he came outside and started arguing with me saying he didn't want us to fall out over it - but it ended up turning into a proper tiff, and I ended up lying and telling him I used to fancy him, but didn't any more 'cause he was just a mate.

So this week I thought things would be really weird, but I saw him for a little bit, and everything seemed fine. However; last night we were watching movies - along with 2 other friends - and a few gay jokes started flying. We started off sitting next to each other, pretty close, but by the end of it we were so weird with each other that he moved back to his bed and I pulled a seat to the other side of the room.

So... I guess what I'm wondering is, does anyone know what's going on? I still fancy him, but even though he's up for it, I think I'd rather just be friends instead of ruining the friendship by sleeping with him. But will I still be able to be friends with him now, and will the awkwardness go away? Or.. is it going to be strange for ages?

P.S - Picture of the two of us included.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[COLOR="Navy"]I say that you need to stop over thinking this, he likes you and you like him. This could be the start of a great relationship but you won't know until you try. Also sleeping together won't necessarily ruin the friendship, if the sexual relationship ends on amicable terms and you are able to get over any awkwardness afterwards for the sake of still being friends you will be fine. Just give it a shot, if you don't all you will have is what MIGHT of happened.

P.S. You two are fucking adorable in that pic, it would be a shame to not give that a try.[/COLOR]

I agree with Libertylove. Sex doesn't have to spoil a friendship in my experience. If you have sex with a friend many times, then you are getting into relationship territory. Would you want that? If it is just a one nighter, you need to do everything you can to avoid any embarrassment when you meet him afterwards. He's a human being and he would have exposed not just his body to you, so respect him afterwards and continue to treat him like a friend.

You both are interested and if you want to take it further, then you both need to sit down and talk to each other. Explain your feelings and fears on the issue, then decide. it worth taking the plunge and see how it develops.

libertylove4 Wrote:
P.S. You two are fucking adorable in that pic, it would be a shame to not give that a try.

Aww thanks Confusedmile:

But yeah, I think my main problem is the fear that all it would be is a one-night-stand. Where we stand now, I don't think sex would lead to a relationship.

We're on good terms right now I think, and the offer still seems to be there, but my issue is that I don't want a one-night-stand, but I do want him.. Rolleyes

So, do I go through with it, enjoy myself, and go back to the frienship.. or do I stay away in the hope that one day we might take it more seriously?

I know what I want to do, but I'm not sure it's the smartest move... and if I leave ti too long I might lose any chance I had.

I can only say what I would do in your situation but it sounds like we might differ on this one - no problem: ignore my advice, if it doesn't suit you. I would get in the sack with him and see how it goes. Like most people I have certain physical requirements of a sexual partner, whether the partnership lasts a week or 10 years. You may find you just don't fancy him any more after the first physical encounter. No great harm done. Just remain friends. If, however, you string him along for for a couple of years and THEN find out you don't fancy him in bed, that could be much tackier.