Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relationships...
princealbertofb Wrote:How so??? I'm not sure it's so much a myth that gays have created as it could be that long standing gay couples remained really discreet because society did not want to hear about them existing. All that was left to see were the (dissolute?) lives of those gays who indulged in one night stands, orgies and what have you... But if you look at straight couples, the same sort of hanky panky goes on, as well as there being long standing straight couples. They are just a bit more obvious as they did not have to hide.

Totally agreed. Every straight male I have ever roomed with was much sluttier than any one homo I ever knew.

I must admit that it does make me cringe a bit when ... if a straight lad goes on a bender and sleeps around, it's considered him just "being a boy" or "sewing his wild oats" ... and most people accept it no worries ...

... when a gay lad goes on a bender and sleeps around, it's considered being slutty ... or because "let's face it, look at who he's got as his role models".

The more I think about it, the more I think people just like to have some mud to sling ... which is pathetic really.

Anyhow - I agree with voice that it is a myth that gay people cannot last in long-term relationships ... I know a fair few gay couples that have been together for ages and ages, and are still going strong.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

From what I know, man on man relationships are not every common, and in a huge part of the community it is mostly based on sex. It's sad, but I think this is because a large quantity of gay/bisexuals are afraid what people might think, or can't imagine it working.

Tell me if i'm wrong!? :confused:

I personally find it harder considering a gay relationship but I think part of it is due to how i was brought up and shizz. I dont think its wrong but atm its still pretty wierd...
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Bob Wrote:From what I know, man on man relationships are not every common, and in a huge part of the community it is mostly based on sex. It's sad, but I think this is because a large quantity of gay/bisexuals are afraid what people might think, or can't imagine it working.

Tell me if i'm wrong!? :confused:

Um, YOURE WRONG!!! hehehe.

All my long term relationships have been really long. Most of my friends, gay that is, are in long term relationships.

It's just, most of the gay/bisexual men i know, are only looking for sex. Sometimes they say they want a relationship but in actual fact; they don't.

I guess i'm just talking to the wrong people then :confused:

[Image: thpat.gif] Dood it sounds like you talkin too the assholes Wink last relationship i was in bad as it was lasted for a good 8 months (bein a fling klnda thang to begin with) the lookin for sex thing is prevelant specially online..... thats what makes this place GS soooooo fookin good tho Cool these doods are the good kind! Xyxthumbs

It's impossible to say there aren't people like that. And the thing is, they tend to be the most forward ones...

Welcome to the world of the 'nice gay'. It sucks, huh?? And not in a good way...

xxx

Bob Wrote:It's just, most of the gay/bisexual men i know, are only looking for sex. Sometimes they say they want a relationship but in actual fact; they don't.

I guess i'm just talking to the wrong people then :confused:

Not at all. That was what I have been finding. Its luck of the draw I guess.