Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion, sex and me and my problems.
Anonymous Wrote:Thanks guys. Things make a bit more sense to me now.
Yeah, well, you're welcome. But how come you had to ask these questions as "anonymous"? Are you a regular to this forum, someone who's member name we would recognize? Even if so, perhaps especially if so, you should know that no one is going to JUDGE you for confessing these concerns or asking these questions. ALL of us (well, most of us anyway) have had to come to terms with the difference between being raised in a heteronormative society where homophobia is common AND the fact that we are gay or bi. Some members are still struggling with "coming out issues". So its not like there is anything particularly unusual about where you are in this process or what you're going through. In fact, you should de-cloak and post in the forum more often just as who you are HERE. (Obviously, one can create an account here that has NOTHING what ever to do with the reality of your IRL situation. How the hell would we know unless you told us?)

I was recently accused of being intolerant of closet cases. That's not exactly how I see it. It isn't "intolerance" so much as impatience. I can totally understand that in certain outer-world circumstances, it is necessary to keep your truth to yourself.

What I have a far more difficult time understanding is people who DENY THEIR TRUTH TO THEMSELVES. To me such people (as alluded to in my signature quote) are *beyond* both boring and pathetic. Yeah, sure, you were "brought up" (aka PROGRAMMED) to think and feel a certain way about sex in general and homosexuality in specific. Fear, guilt, shame and all the rest of it. And all of this because of so called "Christian" (in your case specifically Catholic) exegesis that is such arrant nonsense it is NOT funny. To me its like, "Do you really truly believe that "God" gives a flying fuck what we do with our mouths, dicks, asses, hands, feet, earlobes, fingers and so on? Seriously? He made it possible for us to not only FEEL GOOD using these various digits, openings and appendages; he made it so it leads to ECSTASY... which is just about as close as one can get to what "God" is as anything a human can do without taking psychedelic drugs.

So, seriously, learn to stop worrying about it and lear to start ENJOYING your life. It is YOUR life, not your parents', not y our priest's, no one else's but your own. If you want to spend part of it down on your knees praying to God in heaven; fine! If you want to spend even more time down on your knees giving your BF (or some total stranger for all I care) a blow job, GO FOR IT! Whatever gets you there.

TO me the only rule is do no harm... either to yourself or others. Other than that, I'd say the next rule is to have as much fun as you can possibly stand. And for pities sake, don't worry what other people are going to think of you or how you live your life. MOSTLY they don't think about anyone but themselves AT ALL... so who cares what they think?

/rant

I hope your Plan A works for you..the one that has been laid out for you by your parents and your church..I really do....

I suspect, however, that Plan A will be a colossal failure and lead you to a very lonely and unhappy place...

I don't think anything I can say will make a difference after what I have read....trying to undo or undermine Christian Indoctrination is not my thing....but just in case you need a lifeline sometime...I will leave you with one short piece of advice...

Free Your Mind...The Rest Will Follow....