Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious vs. acceptance
Should we come out with a really religious friends, especcially best friend? or just hide it from them and bear the pressure.?

Which one is better:

Lie to your best friend.

or lost more than half of your world.

How do they feel about GLBT/Queer people?

I guess it depends where you are, I have met Christians before who are practicing Christians/Catholics, but they loosely interpret the Bibles teaching more to suit their own life.

But if your not sure, maybe you should bring up a general gay issue or topic? Like Gay Marriage, Gays in the Military etc etc and see how they react to it?

Not all Christians are closed minded, but most can be stubborn and hold on to every word of the Bible and take it literally. It would be nice if those Christians would actually act Christ-like.

:]

U just give me a relieved breath. thank a lots Confusedmile:

No problem ;D Anytime..! Hopefully your friends realize that it's still the same you and not let their beliefs get in the way of your friendship. Good luck :]

Do you think your best friend would feel hurt or even betrayed if you held something so vital from him? This would lead to even more secrets (and thus lying, by omission at the very least) as you form special relationships.

I just can't imagine hiding my life from my BFF.

me neither, thanks for understading Confusedmile:

A good friend is someone who is willing to be there for you through thick and thin. Who is someone that can accept you as who you are.

If your religious friends can't accept you, they are not worthy to be called friends.

Religious... An interesting word which I fear often casts a shadow of doubt on spiritual people...

I know many who are of strong faith in God and Christ (and G-d, and Allah, et al) Who appear to be 'religious' but are actually spiritual people who are loving, tolerant and do not place the Organized Religion's limitations on people.

A friend doesn't care who you love. A Friend will stick by you gay, bi, straight, whatever. Friends don't make artificial limits and boundaries on friendship. Thus the color of your skin, your cultural heritage, your gender, your sexual orientation is 'not important' to your Friends.

IF any of these people in your life are your friends, then honesty is the best policy. After all if they are forcing you to lie, to hide, to be unhappy they are not being at all friendly.

If they can't stand to be around you as you are, they are not good people to be around. And being gay and coming out will show you who really are and are not your friends.

thanks everyone.

I'll give it a shot after Sp.Break

Love y'all Confusedmile: