Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remain friends if one has a crush on the other?
May be an age old question but do you think it's possible to maintain a friendship with someone if one person wants more than friendship?
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I think so ... it can definitely be more awkward, but I think it can be done ... Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

NO. Nonononononononononononononononono.

Just no. One word: awkward.

I have had a crush on my best friend since we were like 10 years old. All it amounts to is that he gets away with whatever he wants from me.
It's not a good state.

It's much easier if you're the one with the crush and they're straight hehe. When I was younger, I had a crush on my mates boyfriend, yet we remained friends (The boyfriend and me). It really depends on the person, if you both have respect for one other then it can be achieved Smile

I believe it is possible to remain friends with someone you have a crush on, or someone you've once had a crush on. It really depends on what kind of person you are with relationships, and whether you manage to get over the fact that your crush is unrequited (in that respect). Then if you can move on to something different, another type of relationship can exist. All it takes is for you to 'decrush' yourself, find a proper boyfriend, and still see all the qualities in your ex-crush that are still there to be enjoyed in a friendship. Actually there are probably many ex relationships that have turned into friendship. Not everyone is mad or envious or jealous in the way they deal with other men... (or women). Now, I don't know how easy that would be for a woman, but I think that for men, it ought to be possible.

There have been many men I have had a crush on since I started in the Army, that didn't stop me from being friends with them. My situation may be somewhat unique in that I can't reveal to the men I have feelings for that I like them but in the end I think that the fact that I can work and play with them means that if you really want to you can have a non sexual relationship with people you are turned on by.

ardus Wrote:There have been many men I have had a crush on since I started in the Army, that didn't stop me from being friends with them. My situation may be somewhat unique in that I can't reveal to the men I have feelings for that I like them but in the end I think that the fact that I can work and play with them means that if you really want to you can have a non sexual relationship with people you are turned on by.

A little (sexual) interest or yearning... isn't that what makes the best teams and gets the job done? If allowed to breed, that's what makes babies... hehehe.

[SIZE="1"]I told my straight best friend that I liked him when we were fourteen.
We're twenty-two now and I'm gonna be best man at his wedding next year. So yeah it can be done.[/SIZE]

jayce Wrote:I told my straight best friend that I liked him when we were fourteen.
We're twenty-two now and I'm gonna be best man at his wedding next year. So yeah it can be done.

Aw dude that's so awesome !