Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remembrance of those gone
As World AIDS Day approaches here's a documentary of one who died too young from the bloody disease.
Enjoy this memory.
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Nureyev and Fonteyn - fouettés

Interesting.......I had no idea.

There were so many, MR T. Alas!

Too many bodies under that bridge - Cry

I'm going to watch this tonight, looks very interesting.

Thanks for the post PA, he was exceptional, but I also remember "Miss Kitty" on "Gunsmoke", Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

James Wrote:Thanks for the post PA, he was exceptional, but I also remember "Miss Kitty" on "Gunsmoke", Jim
Yes, Jim, he was a remarkable dancer, but, to be completely fair, I only saw him once dance on stage in London in La Bayadère, and I must say he was so drunk that he could barely hold his balance, and I thought that was very very sad and disappointing. I'd had such high hopes of seeing him shine. And he didn't. I think this was some time before he developed AIDS.

I've had to convince myself of his high value by watching earlier reels of his exploits. Well, he was human after all. I wouldn't have wished for him to die of AIDS or of anything but old age, but that too has turned out to be life. In any case, it was unprofessional of him to come onstage drunk whatever the state of mind he was in then. The other dancers upstaged him big time. It wasn't all bad. Sheep

No thanks, i dont like to watch the misfortune of others for entertainment, maybe you get the emotional reaction you want then switch off. I dont.