Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing Jon Stewart
Cody Wrote:Jon's done?!? Great, there goes my next favorite for news next to Colbert. Dang it.

John Oliver is doing a great job with his weekly show...but the loss of nightly shows like Stewart's and Colbert's is a real gut punch.

And we also lost Chelsea Handler....

I'm losing the will to go on.

Lexington Wrote:Thing is - it's done it once before. There's precisely one person who longs for the earliest days of the Daily Show (and that one person, Craig Kilborn, has presumably put it out there that his calendar looks fairly open for the next fifteen years). And the show changed drastically when Jon was put into place. So let's hope they can find a host that they can mold the show around...and that the audience will give it time to adapt to being "not what it used to be".

Lex

Wow, I learned something. I did not know there was a Daily Show before Jon Stewart.

Rareboy Wrote:John Oliver is doing a great job with his weekly show...but the loss of nightly shows like Stewart's and Colbert's is a real gut punch.

And we also lost Chelsea Handler....

I'm losing the will to go on.

I forgot about the other John. Yeah, it really is a gut punch.

Heh, thanks for reminding me of that one. Used to watch her all the time with my mom. There's always Netflix I guess.

Seems the ball started rolling when David Letterman submitted his resignation.
I may add further back when Jay Leno retired.
Is the media going in the different direction ?
Are the networks looking for fresh faces ?
Can't rule out local medias as well.
One rule that should not be considered is sexual preference.
The bottom line are the ratings which brings in the doe.
If the person is gay,he or she should not be sanctioned.
The person should be able to report on the blizzard in Boston to the fallout of Super Bowl 49(sorry about the Roman Numeral) without anyone says he or she is gay.
Perhaps we may see a gay person replace Brian Williams.
Perhaps we may see a gay person host Sale of the Century.
Time will tell.

OnTheBeach Wrote:Good riddance. Why would people think they were getting news from biased man? He's an opinionated liberal comedian -- he's not a newscaster.

Uh...what you assume other people think says alot about what you think actually and nothing about them....

I'm curious now..what did you think of Stephen Colbert?

OnTheBeach:

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

But before you gloat, please be reminded that many opinionated liberals appreciate the wisdom of comedy and the truth of irony and sarcasm and the tolerance of varying views.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:OnTheBeach:

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

But before you gloat, please be reminded that many opinionated liberals appreciate the wisdom of comedy and the truth of irony and sarcasm and the tolerance of varying views.

Shhh...silly....it's "the news from a biased man".... Rofl

Let's just pretend we are all as stupid as he thinks we are...might be fun Rofl

He would stop right when I start watching the show, same with Stephen Colbert Sad
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

ceez Wrote:He would stop right when I start watching the show, same with Stephen Colbert Sad

Have you ever watched Bill Maher ceez? (I love Jon and Stephen but Bill has been my favorite for years)

Last night...I almost peed my pants....the rant I have waited so long to hear

OnTheBeach Wrote:Good riddance. Why would people think they were getting news from biased man? He's an opinionated liberal comedian -- he's not a newscaster.

While true enough (and I'd think most know it--especially as Stewart said as much on air once after he'd just read that he was one of the most trusted news hosts), there was an interesting study you can read about here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/study-wat...all-2012-5

I'd guess the reason people were more informed from watching the Daily Show is because it brought up a lot more than the regular news did (and was easy to look into if they felt so inclined).

In any case, I expect that in addition to some politicians a great many reporters, from FOX to CNN to MSNBC, are popping bobbles of bubbly knowing this man who mocks them (as they deserve) is finally leaving. But then it seems all that passes itself off as REAL news (unlike Jon Stewart) are either half-ass (barely any info) or more an editorial than objective reporting.