Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing Jon Stewart
East Wrote:Have you ever watched Bill Maher ceez? (I love Jon and Stephen but Bill has been my favorite for years)

Last night...I almost peed my pants....the rant I have waited so long to hear

I used to catch an episode sometimes, I liked Colbert and Stewart more though.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

OnTheBeach Wrote:Good riddance. Why would people think they were getting news from biased man? He's an opinionated liberal comedian -- he's not a newscaster.

hmmmmmm

......someone never got the point, did they??????

OnTheBeach Wrote:Colbert had the same agenda ... his agenda. I saw his show a couple of times -- not worth watching.

Again ... neither of these guys are in the news business ... they are in the liberal entertainment business. If anyone buys what they are selling as news they are just as bad as someone buying from a snake oil salesman.

Ron Propel would be proud of both of them.

Yeah.,...they should watch Fox News for real news..right? At least Fox News has real broadcasters and they aren't afraid to tell us the truth!Xyxthumbs

i thought he was dead by the title of this thread. okay, so it's not nearly as bad.

and yeah, Bill Maher better not be getting any ideas from this.

meridannight Wrote:i thought he was dead by the title of this thread. okay, so it's not nearly as bad.

and yeah, Bill Maher better not be getting any ideas from this.

Nah...Bill is gonna be sticking around. He mentioned it this week...he isn't going anywhere. I used to watch him on late night many years ago with his Politically Incorrect Show....and followed him to HBO....

OnTheBeach Wrote:Colbert had the same agenda ... his agenda. I saw his show a couple of times -- not worth watching.

Again ... neither of these guys are in the news business ... they are in the liberal entertainment business. If anyone buys what they are selling as news they are just as bad as someone buying from a snake oil salesman.

Ron Propel would be proud of both of them.

Well....from what you write....I doubt if you were the type of person that these two genius court jesters were going after.

And who the hell is Ron Propel?????

Do you mean [Image: ron_popeil.jpg] Ron Popeil?????

Now do you understand why Colbert and Stewart went right over your head?

Of COURSE The Daily Show is liberal entertainment - anybody would be a fool to argue otherwise. Unless people are routinely tuning into hard news shows to laugh their asses off, that is. And the fact that Daily Show viewers are more informed about the world and news stories than other viewers shouldn't be held up as a point of pride but as a point of despair. It means people are relying on what amounts to "joke set-ups" to get politically informed. This is roughly analogous to learning about geography from limericks. Whether this is due to there being a literal lack of good news sources in the US (certainly possible) or Americans refusing to get informed unless there's a major entertainment component (also likely) is an open question.

Lex

^ As opposed to all the bingo callers on the big network news programs or the liars on cable nooz?

Really? I mean. Really?

Stewart and Colbert have shone the spotlight on so many things over the years that the 'mainstream' media have avoided or misrepresented that they should be given a lifetime Pullitzer.

Remind me again how many Pullitzers that the FAUX news infotainment clowns have won compared to....say....Stephen Colbert?

OnTheBeach Wrote:That's not what I'm reading here. People actually get their news from these two liberal 'comedians'.

Political satire sails right on by you..eh?

Oddly enough...their average viewer is more well informed than the average Faux viewer....for reasons that are painfully obvious to anyone paying attention...

...but you will have to figure that one out on your own... tiger...

OnTheBeach Wrote:You're missing the point ... people don't see it as satire, they see it as news.

Oddly enough Fox News viewers are more informed -- read the recent PolitiFact article regarding Mr. Leibowitz -- I'm not allowed to post the link.

No they're not. They even post satires as real news and they're worse than than msnbc for editorializing their content. I've seen the crap FOX airs and listened to FOX viewers (including one thinking lesbian gangs were taking over America so I'd better be prepared to shoot to kill any lesbians before they could rape me gay--he thought I was a heterosexual Christian--and even the Pink Pistols because of a Bill O'Reilly news segment with a fake detective) so I'm not the least bit surprised that studies have shown regular FOX viewers who restrict themselves to FOX are less informed (with plenty wrong) than the person who isn't paying any attention at all.

Not sure which is more shameful, those (how many?) who think Jon Stewart is real news or those who think FOX News is trustworthy.