Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reptiles
matty7 Wrote:fenris - that sounds amazing ,, my cousin has loads of reptiles snakes n spiders,, didnt like holding the spiders but they were so light and really placid....

I like this kind of animals.. they are so different from any other.. I breeded 35 Green Iguanas in 2004... it was so amazing.. the parents 1,50m and the kids as long as a half thumb. But its hard to breed... 100 days on 3 different temperatures... and you need a lot of space, My Iguana Terrarium is 1.80 m x 2,00 m x 1.80.. and must be heated to 35°C 16 hours a day.

i do love al those types of animals - i just feel bad that he has to buy frozen mice to feed them ,, i feel bad for the mice .... i know there not vegitarian but i like the mice most as i used to keep rats who are so loving ,, mice arent a million miles away

matty7 Wrote:i do love al those types of animals - i just feel bad that he has to buy frozen mice to feed them ,, i feel bad for the mice .... i know there not vegitarian but i like the mice most as i used to keep rats who are so loving ,, mice arent a million miles away

Thats my problem too.... I buy only frozen mice killed with ether... but I only use them for the snake. My reptiles eats only insects... and the iguanas are vegetarian only 6 weeks before they lay eggs they get boiled eggs and cottage cheese

fenris Wrote:Isn´t there a pet-shop where you can order some ? I have some Leopard-Geckos ... but they are old... the former owner brought them because they are to old for breeding.

No, since they aren't native, they don't sell them. We sell mainly things that can be found in nature around us, like ; Diamondback Terrapins, Newts, those sorts of things. But we do have African Grey Parrots and some other exotic animals that wouldn't pose a threat to our indeginous population. Although, we have little capuchin like monkeys, but they live in the zoo , with a net covering them.

I could order online, but alot of things can't be brought here, as it's a small island and anything that can take over/ disrupt an ecosystem is strictly forbidden. :frown: .

I love them I keep chemeleons and what not my bigger reptiles are what I like tegu, argus monitor excreta lol I'll be getting those 2 this summer maybe start a breeding project again

TheDeac Wrote:I love them I keep chemeleons and what not my bigger reptiles are what I like tegu, argus monitor excreta lol I'll be getting those 2 this summer maybe start a breeding project again

A tegu is a bit to aggressive for me :-) but if you breed something.. tell me please

I would upload a pic of my chameleon.. but my own album don´t like me today and sends the pic somewhere into space :-).. I upoaded it to my facebook account... my name is on my GS profile page - user messages

There are too many snakes that rattle and lizards that shoot blood from their eye sockets where I live to want to keep any reptiles in my home.