Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reset or Repeat?
There are plenty of things I wish I had done differently, both career and relationshp-wise but only one of them seems like something I'd regret in the long run. It involves someone younger than me, reaching in out in a way, seemingly to sort out his sexuality.
It happened a while ago, but I still feel like I have should have been the more experienced and the mature person I am supposed to be. I am worried that his life will turn out to be sad and tragic even and I feel like I could have helped to prevent it but did not.

East Wrote:My initial thought is I would want to change many things...but I know that at this very moment I am merely a sum of my total life experiences...good and bad...and if I change even one thing I might not be where I am at or who I am today...and I like who I am and where I am..

.....so I would keep everything just as it is...too big of a risk to make any other decision...

That is what i was thinking as well... there are bitterness in life but its what molds us to what we are today Wink Also, i feel everyone has their own things they'd love to change in the past but is it really worth it?

oreosplz93 Wrote:I'd repeat my senior year in high school.Catsmiley

Why is that? lol i do know highschool days are fun but lol school stuff though Tongue

rubeus Wrote:There are plenty of things I wish I had done differently, both career and relationshp-wise but only one of them seems like something I'd regret in the long run. It involves someone younger than me, reaching in out in a way, seemingly to sort out his sexuality.
It happened a while ago, but I still feel like I have should have been the more experienced and the mature person I am supposed to be. I am worried that his life will turn out to be sad and tragic even and I feel like I could have helped to prevent it but did not.

I know he is your ex... but have you talked to him recently? just to see what's up and such?

I would try to be a real person.

himself Wrote:I would try to be a real person.

What do you mean?

martdg19 Wrote:What do you mean?

Be more serious. Be taken seriously. I haven't got a very good way with words, so that would probably entail not speaking. At school, I hardly ever spoke and people thought I was really smart. When I went to college, I tried talking more and people seem to think I'm an idiot, since I just talk a load of Danielish.

A lot of the "what I'd do differently" mindset involves either "me being wiser than I was then" and/or "just wondering what would be different if I had done something different". So, for the former, I'd probably start exercising regularly in my early 20s instead of late 30s. And for the latter, I'd probably hit on more guys. Smile But I can't say as I really regret where my previous choices put me today.

Lex

himself Wrote:Be more serious. Be taken seriously. I haven't got a very good way with words, so that would probably entail not speaking. At school, I hardly ever spoke and people thought I was really smart. When I went to college, I tried talking more and people seem to think I'm an idiot, since I just talk a load of Danielish.

Makes a little more sense.... What I would say though is rather than trying to change yourself... just do what you love doing... you are really the quite person you are there isn't anything wrong with that.... but i was in that situation back in grade school so i kind of know what you mean... but try not to care bout what others say and act cooly about and express yourself

I wish all my life wasn't an endless revenge path.