Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Responding to those who call me immature
Quote: Very well, I stand corrected. Nearly every 19-year-old has at least a pretty substantial streak of immaturity.

Well I wouldn't even say Substantial really, but I Shall accept this Ma'am!

I am the president,CeO,founder,accountant,secretary and dictator of the Liberation of Youths from Adult Oppression Coalition (LYAOC) lol.

So bow to my queenly Puss gurl Hands-make-heart

There's a difference to being immature and Silly darlin.

Sheep

Immaturity isn't always a negative, though.

Everyone is immature,
in one way or another,
no matter how much one may triumph over their peers in that department,
when it comes to certain things.

It doesn't always equal fart jokes, impulsiveness etc...

I think it's beautiful,
in that it means we all have room to grow and learn...
improving constantly from are former selves
due to the consequence that is experience.

Autism is not an excuse nor is it a get out of social circumstances without consequences card.

Stop flashing that card. Its annoying.

My 17 year old nephew is on the lower end of the Aspergers Spectrum and he has worked thrice as hard to fit in socially. He doesn't use it as an excuse to get out of situations. Instead he uses the rest of his abilities to act mature and to think twice and consider everything he has learned before speaking/acting.

Yes you are immature, and you are too tightly wound over some subjects.

If I called it as I see it I'm not sorry. One thing you can be certain of with me is I won't spare the truth - I do try to be tactful when I use the truth.... If I was less than tactful then GET OFF MY LAWN..... Wink

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Autism is not an excuse nor is it a get out of social circumstances without consequences card.

My 17 year old nephew is on the lower end of the Aspergers Spectrum and he has worked thrice as hard to fit in socially. He doesn't use it as an excuse to get out of situations. Instead he uses the rest of his abilities to act mature and to think twice and consider everything he has learned before speaking/acting.

If I called it as I see it I'm not sorry. One thing you can be certain of with me is I won't spare the truth - I do try to be tactful when I use the truth.... If I was less than tactful then GET OFF MY LAWN..... Wink

Whew! Way to take charge Bowyn! That was exhilarating lol.

Someone who Speaks my language, yes ma'am. Although I said it more diplomatically, so Msn-slapping lol.

10points for me, 3 1/2 for Bowyn -.-

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Autism is not an excuse nor is it a get out of social circumstances without consequences card.

I'm not using it as an excuse. I am asking for people to understand where I'm at and not treat me like shit.

Arkansota Wrote:I'm not using it as an excuse. I am asking for people to understand where I'm at and not treat me like shit.
The world is, and always will be, full of people who want to treat you like shit no matter how you behave. Responding to them just gets them off even more. On forums, these assholes belong on your ignore list. IMO, at least.

Oh come on guys. It's not as if he's done something terribly offensive. We're talking about some things that should have been worded differently but that obviously didn't contain any malice.

I mentioned in another post Arkansota to accept that you will word things that others will take offence at or just misunderstand , but learn from the replies and listen to peoples comments thus making mistakes less likely - you will always get post by people like the Bowynaerrow's of this world , negative and not giving actual help , but read the other posts that are helpful - this paragraph is from the National Autistic Society web page
"Autism is a lifelong developmental disability that affects how a person communicates with, and relates to, other people. It also affects how they make sense of the world around them. "

or as Bowynarrrow puts it "Stop flashing that card. Its annoying" maybe a bit more tolerance wouldn't hurt this site sometimes

Every person with Autism is different. Some Autistic people are much better than me at acting mature, but the way Autism affects me is that I tend to choose words that offend people when I do not actually mean to offend anyone.

Arkansota Wrote:I'm not using it as an excuse. I am asking for people to understand where I'm at and not treat me like shit.

You are how old again? 19-20?

Hmm - Ok let me tell you something that you are going to learn the hard way over the next decade: Most people are assholes to one degree or another and most don't give a flying fuck what is wrong with you, they will make unbelievable demands for you to be what they want - not what you are.

This is part of being an adult human being in Human Society.

I'm sorry.

Humans fail to understand, ergo the world of shit that you live on.

If humans understood and cared, there would not be millions of people starving to death each year.

If humans understood and cared, there would be no homeless, no jobless, none of those aspects of poverty.

If humans understood and cared we wouldn't need laws to stop discrimination and hatred and petty BS.

If humans understood they definatley wouldn't build homes on the side of sandy hills that wash away every spring, or build in the shadow of active volcanoes or try to rebuild New Orleans, a city on the edge of the sea that is below sea level.

Ignorance and stupidity is part and parcel of the human condition.

The best you can do is grow a very thick skin and understand that few will understand nor care and they will treat you like shit and if it looks like you have been laid low, be prepared to be kicked hard and repeatedly by the majority who will relish the greater harm they can cause.

You need to pretend like you are strong when you feel weak, you need to pretend you have no fear where you are scared out of your skull, you need to pretend to be callus and uncaring when you want to weep from the pain of your own empathy.

Failure to do so means you open yourself up for attack. These things are seen as weaknesses and I fear there are way to many human beings out there that attack and prey upon weakness.

This is the reality of your planet, the society you live in.

Stop complaining and begging for understanding, few will try to understand, most will see this as weakness and will feed upon you.

Again, sorry.