Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Responses.
Is there a list of words we cant use on here?. I reply to some post and get a message saying "Your message will be have to be reviewed by a moderator before its posted". can somebody fill me in on why?

Profane words are 'checked' to make certain that we do not have a basher amongst us.

For instance my post here: http://gayspeak.com/debates/13731-alteri...#post78016 was moderated because I used a few profane/derogatory words. I guess a moderator read it, saw that the words fit in the context of the subject and that I wasn't bashing and let it post.

I have been so several LGBT forums where the 'safety net' exists.

Unfortunately the world being what it is, several perhaps many individuals would join a 'gay only' forum just to be rude and crude.

Posts from new members may be subject to moderation, but I sometimes get the same message you have seen too. We did go through a period of some words being censored automatically, which led to some pretty stupid looking postings. Several of us suggested that since we were discussing some grown-up subjects we didn't need to be nannied. Andy, who owns the site, is always open to suggestions for making improvements.

It makes sense. Some of my responses were posted right away and others got sidelined for review. It started to get annoying and I was wondering why it was happening. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Ill try to select my words more wisely in the future.

Ben, I believe the posts that were put aside were thus treated because maybe they included some abusive words. I don't ever get my posts put aside but I believe it is because having been on this site for so long, and having posted so many responses and thread starters, we have a sort of privilege, as long-timer posters. I guess once you've hit the hundred-post mark, you might get some of those privileges. I'm not sure about that, but you might ask Andy... As Marshlander said, he's open to suggestions.

I remember when I first posted here around August 15-17, I used the F-word (no not the four letter one, the six letter one) and the Q word. This was my third or fourth post and I got what you got Marvinteck. I sort of went into panic mode thinking I violated the rules by typing those words out. I haven't typed the words ever since and well I thought I was going to get banned for saying them. So stupidly I just edited that post and then I made another one telling the mod to disregard the one post. Where are the mods anyway?!

Yeah hey I went through this too! I was trying to reply to a persons statement on the "This is too much..." post I made. I used a word that started with an "H" and ended a "Y". I put my own sensors by putting stars in between the two letters. I guess that wasnt enough though since I also got that "Being checked by Moderators" message. ^^;

Mr. Pancake Wrote:Yeah hey I went through this too! I was trying to reply to a persons statement on the "This is too much..." post I made. I used a word that started with an "H" and ended a "Y". I put my own sensors by putting stars in between the two letters. I guess that wasnt enough though since I also got that "Being checked by Moderators" message. ^^;
Honey? No I can't see that needing to be checked. Rolleyes

marshlander Wrote:Honey? No I can't see that needing to be checked. Rolleyes

But I swear I read that the message had to be checked! I tried to post it yesterday and it came up today. Did I read it all wrong? I do tend to be stupid and not pay attention to what I read sometimes... ;_;

Mr Pancake, the word HONEY begins with an H and ends in Y (I couldn't find which word you'd used either)... honey fits the clues... so does holiday.