Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revenge...is it really that sweet?
East Wrote:OK...now that I think about Anita Bryant..I have to admit that revenge sounds like it might be satisfying...though I am not 100% sold on it.

[Image: 4474065261_4f95455a3d_z.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_lekr5fTzdL1qfhgyjo1_500.jpg]
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I used to believe that it was and I did horrible things to the cars of some of my ex boyfriends but I regret it today.

Resentment is a terrible thing, it ruins your health and it's not worth it.

Forgiveness is the exact opposite, it will liberate you and save you a lot of trouble.

Completely off topic here, but is revenge just venging repetitively? And what the heck is venging anyway?

(OK brain burp complete, please resume with normal programming)

Miles Wrote:[Image: 4474065261_4f95455a3d_z.jpg]

Mmmmmmmm...What kind of cookie are they?

East Wrote:Mmmmmmmm...What kind of cookie are they?

East Wrote:OK...now that I think about Anita Bryant..I have to admit that revenge sounds like it might be satisfying...though I am not 100% sold on it.
The pie in the face aside, the rest of what happened to her was not revenge. The successful campaign to have her removed from being the spokesperson for Florida orange juice and her difficulty in getting booked at venues to do concerts, that is justice. In a civil society people who work against the rights of humans do not get to be company or industry spokespersons. Communities do not invite people like this perform in their towns. Whether it is a sense of criminal justice or just a sense of what is right in society, for society to survive we need to have some sort of justice and sometimes the concepts of justice and revenge are not that far apart.

UPDATE!

Last Sunday I saw the guy again (from the initial post) and I didn't know what I was going to say...which is usually the case with me.

I told him what I did...and I just completely owned it instead of trying to make it sound better than it actually was and not only did he take it well.....he tried to take responsibility for what happened too (YIKES)......

...and I was thinking OH SHIT....I don't want this on my conscience anymore so I have to make sure I say what I want to say without him excusing me. SO...I told him that I knew his vulnerability and I used it against him and I hate that I did that because usually when I see someone's vulnerability I am kind to them and/or naturally protective of them...but since he was with my ex and he presented me with an opportunity because he wanted my approval.....I was a very bad boy....and that is what I needed to say.....

I feel much better now and I feel like a bit of my self respect has been restored....I kinda wish he wasn't so nice about it but hey...can't have everything....