Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rip
Jeff Buckley November 17, 1966 - May 29, 1997

I was going to put this Smith's cover in the covers thread but decided it should be here since Jeff Buckley was such an amazing singer and musician. He was the son of famous folk singer Tim Buckley, but only met his father once briefly when he was 8 years old. When you listen to each of their songs, you can hear some similarities in their style and voices. Like his father, he died too young. His father died at 28 and Jeff Buckley died at 30.
It is difficult to make a song sung by Morrissey your own, but Jeff really captured the emotion in this cover and the uploader of this video did an amazing job putting together video of Jeff with bits of Morrissey added in.

Dick Sargent

Probably well-known for his role as Darrin Stephens (previously Dick York) in the sitcom Bewitched.

[Image: 10518025_1.jpg?v=8CDCEEEF5040E50]

Its nice to know that his co-star Elizabeth Montgomery was supportive of him and accompanied him to Gay Pride events. Smile

[Image: samanddarrin2.jpg]

[Image: marshals02.jpg]

I loved this woman ...a lot. Syreeta Wright was tapped to replace Diana Ross in the Supremes and declined....I really believed she was an angel...I still do. She was Stevie Wonder's wife at one time and she wrote or co-wrote some of the best songs in American History....

Syreeta Wright (1946-2004)

I love this song

...and with Billy Preston...my favorite duet..ever

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyiaZMJd9wdLYz6cL058r...Rrr_mY1U0n]

RIP

Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrel....one of the saddest stories in music...

She collapsed in his arms onstage and was diagnosed with a brain tumor of which she died at age 25. Marvin Gaye was devastated and retreated from the public y=eye for a long time. His story is equally tragic,..shot by his abusive father when Marvin stepped in to protect his mother....

Marvin Gaye (1939-1984)
Tammi Terrel (1945-1970)

I think I watched this video more than any other and this is one of the songs that always makes me happy.....

One more thing...my best sex/fuckbuddy/friend...he was a carbon copy of Marvin except he was a and more muscular and bulky but same height/bone structure and face...and same vibe....I thought Marvin was very sexy...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKV3zTUfuj-xMm1jC2z5T...cteQqpg5sn]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyizIKdarQwfsiZUgA3aX...pQJJ7dql1V]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6zzbJFabXN8bUmWY-SBU...6_9Qc0k5ww]

RIP...

East, just to agree with your comments on Janis Joplin. She transcended her idiom and conveyed musical thought with unbelievable skill and depth.
I bid NO Trump!

East Wrote:A lot of it was me and LSD at the time...but I was completely convinced that Janis Joplin was my soul mate and I could feel her...saying I loved her doesn't cut it...It was better than that.....she tore through my soul to the core of my being....

Janis Joplin ...(1943-1970)

It's funny..one of my lifelong best friends..she was born the same day and year as Janis..a Capricorn...and her personality and vibe is so similar to her..

RIP.....

Janis is my all time favorite I listen to her music almost every week. But you're missing on of her best

Phoebe Snow....I really loved this gong and I loved her vibe...she was breezy and intelligent and kinda Bohemian.....I have never gotten tired of listening to this song. Supposedly the song is about Jackson Browne who I had a crush on for years

Phoebe Snow (1950-2011)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7kMCCeFqxsbHdn4wiP7a...RV9qfZbHli]

RIP....

Laura Nyro...and GREAT songwriter and kick ass performer in her own right. She wrote HUGE hits for people like Barbra Streisand and Fifth Dimension and Blood Sweat and Tears and Three Dog Night among others but I liked her own version of these songs the best. She was also a lesbian....I saw her live in Santa Cruz many years ago....

Laura Nyro (1947-1997)

My favorite..."And When I Die"

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1my23I2sGOCckEt-dspm...r--FnkqDQu]

RIP.....

Michael Jackson.....one of the the brightest lights on the tree....

I was lucky to meet him and talk to him one on one for maybe 15 minutes....well...we talked a few minutes because he was mostly looking at stuff and asking me questions as I was setting up my antique booth. He was very sweet and had a childlike quality about him that made me want to protect him....I liked him very much.......

Michael Jackson (1958-2009)

and the talent...WOW

My favorites...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU1JMl7v3vN_AJY6VGCSK...3VBoV7o1eU]

RIP....

Wow, I didn't know you had met Michael Jackson, East... How fantastic!
Anyway, I didn't even know there was this RIP thread. I'll think about adding some.