Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roast Dinner
So, the traditional sunday roast - who out there still has this tradition?
It's dying out in our household but that's because there aren't many members here anymore to constitute several hours of putting one together.

Also what kind of things make a roast dinner, in your family/eyes?

Yep... nice Roast Chicken for dinner today...

Gotta have roast post, yorkshire puds, brocolli, carrots, one or two other veg, gravy... and stuffing for those that like it.

Wow, it's a miracle for my family to even get together for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Since it was only my parents and myself for most of my life, we never had a Sunday roast. My mother would usually make something for her and my father, and something different for me (since I'm the pickest eater on the face of the earth).
It is nice to hear that there are places that still have traditions like that. I don't imagine too many families in North America who have kept that tradition nowadays.

We used to have a sunday roast most sundays when i was back home, but i'm at uni now and my stupid halls of residence only provide me with a microwave kettle and toaster to cook with in the kitchen (as im catered during the week, justhave to fend for myself on a weekend) anyhow so yeah ive not found a way of roasting with those appliances yet...what do i eat then? i hear you cry...well today i had a sandwich!!

rock on university life....lol

Awwwwwwwww babe !!!!!

We always used to do the Sunday Roast yup - Roast Beef with Potatoes roasted in the beef fat, roasted vegetables (carrots and parsnips), boiled potatoes, stuffing and gravy ... with a glass of red wine ... *smacks his lips*.

Whereas in recent years it's become something more of a once-in-a-blue-moon thing than a regular occurrence ... :frown:.

But today I'm having an M&S Fillet Steak with Dauphinoise Potatoes ...

*runs and hides from the wrath of Wouldlikemuscle*.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:Awwwwwwwww babe !!!!!

We always used to do the Sunday Roast yup - Roast Beef with Potatoes roasted in the beef fat, roasted vegetables (carrots and parsnips), boiled potatoes, stuffing and gravy ... with a glass of red wine ... *smacks his lips*.

Whereas in recent years it's become something more of a once-in-a-blue-moon thing than a regular occurrence ... :frown:.

But today I'm having an M&S Fillet Steak with Dauphinoise Potatoes ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Are you actually trying to rub it in that all the food i get to eat is the hideous food provided in the canteen, or whatever original form of sandwich i can come up with lol :tongue:

J x

We have a roast lunch once a fortnight, because we get bored of it every week so yeh. :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Shadow Wrote:But today I'm having an M&S Fillet Steak with Dauphinoise Potatoes ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

YET AGAIN!!!!

Oh you can run, but you can't hide!! Damn man... have you had anything OTHER than that for your dinner of late!! lol

having a roast dinner tonight. in my house it is either roast chicken or beef, roast potatos (roasted in the beef or chicken fat) with carrots, peas, stuffing and gravy ^.^
although we dont always have it on a sunday, but it usually is on a sunday or a saturday.

newc_student_18 Wrote:Are you actually trying to rub it in that all the food i get to eat is the hideous food provided in the canteen, or whatever original form of sandwich i can come up with lol :tongue:

J x

Not at all :redface: ...

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:YET AGAIN!!!!

Oh you can run, but you can't hide!! Damn man... have you had anything OTHER than that for your dinner of late!! lol

I knoooooow I knoooooow ... I didn't have all the tatties though (under half actually) - it was the steak plus the cheddars (30 of 'em) I had earlier wot did me in ... :redface:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!