Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock music
I'm so jealous Marshalander. I would give anything to have lived in and around London through the 60's and early 70's...some of the best talent, music and performances came from there.

One who witnessed a T-Rex concert, you're a legend.

dfiant Wrote:I'm so jealous Marshalander. I would give anything to have lived in and around London through the 60's and early 70's...some of the best talent, music and performances came from there.

One who witnessed a T-Rex concert, you're a legend.
Thanks, but I did not enjoy T-Rex much at the time and never saw them perform live. I can be a bit more laid back about enjoying their music now. Tyrannosaurus Rex was the band I was crazy about. I hung on their every note till Steve Peregrin Took was sacked, I don't think his musical contributions to the canon have ever been given their fair due. I sat in a field on the Isle of Wight in 1970 while Jeff Dexter played "Ride a White Swan" between practically every band's set and could only think "what the hell is Bolan up to". After five days of that you either absorb it or go mad.

I feel fortunate to have just been around at that time. Music was important and so many things were changing. Had I been a little older I am sure I would not now have to feel jealous of my mate, Sandy, who saw Jimi Hendrix dozens of times in London.

"Bandoliers" by Them Crooked Vultures
"One Line" by PJ Harvey