Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romney another stupid?
reminiscent of George H. W. Bush's allegedly revelatory encounter with a supermarket scanner. Are all republican venture capitalists with a net worth near 1/4 billiion this stupid?
[Image: mittromney-242.jpg?width=127&height=127&crop=true]

Oh, whatever you do, don't vote for him! okay? pleaaase?! I promise to give you a cookie if you don't. Or one of those sandwiches you can order using those sandwich computers Romney loved so much.

Ind Wrote:Oh, whatever you do, don't vote for him! okay? pleaaase?! I promise to give you a cookie if you don't. Or one of those sandwiches you can order using those sandwich computers Romney loved so much.

Pfft. The APPD of Germany offer free beer! And I say beer over cookies! Well, unless they're really chocolatey. :tongue:

For the life of me, I will never understand the Log Cabin Republicans (a group of gay Republican lobbyists) and their warped viewpoints.

If you're gay and vote Republican, isn't that like chickens voting for Colonel Sanders? Why put into power the very thing trying to destroy you?

I know Dems don't have the best track record on gay rights in America either (personally I feel the only reason Obama is so pro-gay all of a sudden is because he's trying to secure votes) but I'd take indifferent Democrats any day over rabid, pit-bull conservatives.

So in crude, short, summary - Romney and the rest of his crypt-keeper ilk can suck my Irish cock before they get my vote Confusedmile:

wintermoon Wrote:For the life of me, I will never understand the Log Cabin Republicans (a group of gay Republican lobbyists) and their warped viewpoints.

If you're gay and vote Republican, isn't that like chickens voting for Colonel Sanders? Why put into power the very thing trying to destroy you?

I know Dems don't have the best track record on gay rights in America either (personally I feel the only reason Obama is so pro-gay all of a sudden is because he's trying to secure votes) but I'd take indifferent Democrats any day over rabid, pit-bull conservatives.

So in crude, short, summary - Romney and the rest of his crypt-keeper ilk can suck my Irish cock before they get my vote Confusedmile:

For me, it's not only about gay rights. Economy, foreign policy, you name it. I don't want to start a heated argument, but it keeps on surprising me that so many people vote republican (Bush, McCain, Romney) even though in most of the cases it is like chickens voting for Colonel Sanders. I'm not saying that the democrats are spon on, but given that it is a two horse race, there's no alternatives.

Ind Wrote:For me, it's not only about gay rights. Economy, foreign policy, you name it. I don't want to start a heated argument, but it keeps on surprising me that so many people vote republican (Bush, McCain, Romney) even though in most of the cases it is like chickens voting for Colonel Sanders. I'm not saying that the democrats are spon on, but given that it is a two horse race, there's no alternatives.

My friend, you're absolutely right. Its not just about gay issues (although I'm very active in promoting awareness of such in my hometown so its a major factor for me)

But yes, their economic policies speak for themselves...need we bring up Reagenomics? That asshole is one of the main reasons our economy is as fucked as it is.

wintermoon Wrote:But yes, their economic policies speak for themselves...need we bring up Reagenonomics? That asshole is one of the main reasons our economy is as fucked as it is.

Yes! I am glad some people realize this. He is also the man responsible for AIDS.

I think the forces behind the GOP are pure evil.

I am extremist Moderate Centrist. My Party is: Unaffiliated to any known party - at this time.

Personally I have come to hate parties.

In my books comes November elections I will be sitting at my desk looking at my absentee ballot (There are only 3 registered voters in my voting district, they did away with the polling place 5 years ago Rolleyes) And I will not be thinking about the 'best man for the job'.

Instead I will be thinking in terms of - Who is the least likely to royally fuck us up during the course of the next 4 years?

Last election time it was pretty close between McCain and Obama - for me. The Kill shot was one little lady named Palin who in one of her interviews ended up giving me nightmares as I considered how presidents can readily kick the bucket leaving their vice president in charge. Palin in charge - the things horror movies are made of.

Romney: Not too scary, on the surface (Why on earth sandwich makers are so important I have no idea, I make my own damn sandwiches) Until we start looking at what other republicans pull out of the closet:

http://www.businessinsider.com/14-bald-f...012-1?op=1

Sure Sure, Eating a dog may be worse than throwing one in a dog box and tying it to the roof of the car... Or is it? Obama was a kid (14 years old) when he ate dog. Its not like he ran out, shot the dog, cooked it and then ate it. It was offered and he ate it.

Romney thought about what to do with the dog in a box, and lets face it, eating a dead dog is not as inhumane and cruel as tying one to the roof of your car.

I think the two approaches to man's best friend should be the only thing we consider when voting this November.

Honestly, do you want a president who eats dogs, or one who ties them to the roof of a car and speeds down the freeway?

introducing the next president of the United States and... here is the video:
http://www.towleroad.com/2012/06/romneywawas.html#more

I understand Log Cabin Republicans trying to influence the Republican Party to be more gay friendly. If Republicans began to compete for our votes then the Democrats would stop throwing us under the bus at the first opportunity, and, of course, plenty of gays are otherwise conservative (who for now have to align with the Libertarian Party, which sucks given that the LP fields people like Bob Barr for POTUS candidates).

However, I can't understand why the Log Cabin Republicans or GOProud would support Romney. Do either of them? I'm too lazy to look at the moment. I vaguely recall that (IIRC) GOProud did out someone gay who helped Perry make a homophobic ad (lots of arguments on what actually happened there) so it would seem that they won't support openly antigay politicians (and in case it needs to be said, not all Republicans are antigay, and for that matter not many Democrats are our friends, they just seem content not to bash us when they don't stand to score political points doing so, like when so many supported, and continue to support, the DOMA).

Still, it seems a lost cause given the tremendous leverage the Christian Right has to influence the Republicans with money & votes, and being supported by a gay rights organization (no matter how politically conservative otherwise) would be a kiss of death for their campaign. It just seems pointless to compete against that. And that's sad because then Democrats can just take our votes for granted and throw us under the bus the moment it becomes convenient to do so.

IMO they would be much better served in trying to instead promote preferential voting as well as creating much better political parties, such as The Australian Sex Party which I wish existed in the USA so I could register as a member (gotta say, while not perfect I much prefer Australia's voting options to ours, though I think instead of forcing everyone to vote they should make everyone who wants to vote pass an awareness test set up by multiple parties, perhaps even from outside the US, to prove they actually have a clue on what they're voting on before they can vote). Over half the eligible voters don't and that's because they figure it's either a Democrat or Republican and for all too many both are unacceptable, so they just stay home, and out of many who do they're voting for the "lesser evil" rather than what they truly support. That means with preferential voting the 2-party system could be overcome (as well as overcoming a lot of voter apathy).

Heck, the wilder ones can also create an American version of the APPD (what I'd like to think of as what the LP would be like if they threw away the Ayn Rand and learned to have some fun :tongue: Oh, hey, push to reconstitute America's borders to 1776 as the "American founding fathers intended"! Rofl ). And someone should resurrect the Nihilist Party, that was hilarious! Roflmao And yeah, I'd prefer people from parties like that (even the joke parties) to most moderate right wing Democrats AND far right wing Republicans. But the USA is just too right wing in general right now for that kind of fun.