Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie poster
Hello GS,
I just joined, so I'm a rookie to this forum. Also just moved to Chicago to start grad school, and I'm looking forward to this new chapter in my life. I can't wait to become of member of this community.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, we have some other members from Chicago too. What are you studying?

I'm studying math. Pursuing a Master's degree right now, but I may decide to stick with this learning thing as long as I possibly can. Being a student is all I really know how to do. :tongue: I think a career in academia may be in the works for me, but we'll see. I'm still figuring everything out.

propterhoc Wrote:I'm studying math. Pursuing a Master's degree right now, but I may decide to stick with this learning thing as long as I possibly can. Being a student is all I really know how to do. :tongue: I think a career in academia may be in the works for me, but we'll see. I'm still figuring everything out.

I'm much the same, but in a liberal arts path. My cousin studied math, he got a very good job doing data analysis for a company in Ontario. They say that for economic viability, math degrees remain one of the top ones along with engineering.

OrphanPip Wrote:I'm much the same, but in a liberal arts path. My cousin studied math, he got a very good job doing data analysis for a company in Ontario. They say that for economic viability, math degrees remain one of the top ones along with engineering.

I got my BA in math at a small liberal arts school. I think there is a lot to be said about knowing a little bit of everything. I really enjoyed the broad curriculum.

Hi welcome to the forum. Scatter

Hello and welcome Smile

Welcome to the site Smile

Welcome to gs propterhoc, interestng name, Math is a good choice, hope you excell in it, only managed calculus myself, but do enjoy talking to my friend who is an astro pyhsicist, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Nteeg lumqt eyght Smile