Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roomba
http://www.irobot.com/us/robots/home/roomba.aspx

Anyone here with any personal experience with one of these robots?

Is so, does it really clean the floor and how much work is required to keep it up?

Do I have to change the layout of my house to fit it or does it adapt to any flat level place/space?

Personally if I go to a website, and the first thing I notice is a spelling mistake, I keep well away.

Marc Wrote:Personally if I go to a website, and the first thing I notice is a spelling mistake, I keep well away.

well spotted if they cannot spell correctly how can you determine whether the product is reliable or not?

Stay away from this

Spend less and do it yourself, it doesn't take that long to do.

Why not just get a hoover and a mop??? Shove on the CD player and sing yourt heart to queen and away you go....

zeon Wrote:Why not just get a hoover and a mop??? Shove on the CD player and sing yourt heart to queen and away you go....

Because I'm an American and Americans never do drudge work - that is why we have Mexico. But I can't afford an illegal to come clean my house, so I'm stuck looking for a machine to do the job.:tongue:

Well, I have a Mint because Jess gave me one. It uses Swiffer type pads and does okay as long as there is just dust, fine dirt and ashes on the floor. It simply pushes anything bigger, like sunflower seed shells to the closest place it has to turn or back up and leaves them there. It dose not know how to go over a spot repeatedly until it's clean unless it's on a solid color floor. On a mixed color floor, it just does it once and assumes it's clean.

It will also turn around at rugs, so you still have to pick those up for it. I use it for the living room and bath but, since my conure is in the kitchen, it's easier to do that myself. And of course you have to put a dry cloth on it first, then restart it with the wet cloth to get both sweeping and moping done.

It does fine around obstacles but gets confused if a dog tries the bite at it and play with it.

http://www.irobot.com/en/us/robots/home/Mint.aspx

One of my friends has something similar , I think she paid just on $400.00 for it .
She says it works fine and lets it roam ay night , her cats like it too they ride on it.:biggrin:

Link

Ah, Mum I can envision that, cats riding a robot.

I have tired of pushing the broom around daily to keep up with tracked in sand and the constant shed of black lab hair... Sheesh its hard to believe I have only one black lab.

Getting under the couch is now a problem for me. Hmm Lifting and moving that old sofa is getting difficult and getting down on my knees to reach under it is a bit difficult, so I went a month without moving the couch and found 2.5 dogs worth of shed under there... ok I exaggerate a little.

I have seen them advertised and I thought that would be a neat way to keep up with the shed and sand. The whole house is only 450 square feet, so a robot would be able to keep up - right?