Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roomba
Blue Wrote:Well, I have a Mint because Jess gave me one. It uses Swiffer type pads and does okay as long as there is just dust, fine dirt and ashes on the floor. It simply pushes anything bigger, like sunflower seed shells to the closest place it has to turn or back up and leaves them there. It dose not know how to go over a spot repeatedly until it's clean unless it's on a solid color floor. On a mixed color floor, it just does it once and assumes it's clean.

It will also turn around at rugs, so you still have to pick those up for it. I use it for the living room and bath but, since my conure is in the kitchen, it's easier to do that myself. And of course you have to put a dry cloth on it first, then restart it with the wet cloth to get both sweeping and moping done.

It does fine around obstacles but gets confused if a dog tries the bite at it and play with it.

http://www.irobot.com/en/us/robots/home/Mint.aspx

I have seen the advertisement on TV for the moping bot... I can still manage to push the mop around weekly. I was just wondering about the vacuum one, this way I do not have to be constantly pulling out a vacuum or a broom... besides brooms are for flying not for housework. Wink

Marc Wrote:Personally if I go to a website, and the first thing I notice is a spelling mistake, I keep well away.

If the robot isn't intelligent enough to spell correctly, what chance has it of manoeuvring around your sofa?

Bashing

ObW
x

Well, one that uses dry sweeping cloths would do all but the rugs. Of course you could just save all the lab hair and make rugs of it - then the hair wouldn't show on them. :tongue:

The problem is, if Sirius sheds like Halo, you will need 5-6 dry cloths to do the house - I need 9-10 here but, my house is twice the area of yours and being part Malamute, in a hot climate most of the year, Halo sheds about a small dog size pile of fur daily in the summer - more when he blows his coat seasonally.