Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going on a date! Ahhhh!
So I was talking to this guy on facebook, he's really nice and he isnt the usual type id go for but something tells me to go for it and I genually am intrested in him which I havnt had any feelings for a guy in a year at least. So I said Fuck it! Il ask him out on date type thing where we get to know eachother more and he wants to aswell and then I realised how do I date again?! Stupid thing to say I know but im really rusty on this it seems so any of you great guys got any advice?

Thanks
Luke Big Grin

Xandor Wrote:All I can say is, if you're meeting someone from Facebook, be careful. Meet in a public place and stay public. You really don't know this guy. Maybe your date can be in a restaurant or a movie theater or a roller rink, whatever you're into. Don't ask him to your place. Don't go to his place. (I don't know how far apart you are). Take time to get to know each other before being alone together. Otherwise, good luck and have fun. Confusedmile:

I agree with Xandor please be careful, and I may add in the daytime never at night. Just be yourself after all if you try to hard you've got to keep that up. Stay safe and enjoy your date.

Yes. Daytime, a restaurant, or something public.

Hi Xandor, I'm so sorry that happened to you, it's so scary to think how much trust we put in people we've never met. Anyway I wish you the best of luck.

the date
pick a restaurant or activity that is quiet and you can hear each other talk. its not about the food so order something close to what he gets and come time each of you put your credit cards in 50/05. pick some place you guys like but still easy to get to, simple, low cost, no stress.

if your concerned for the safety thing; research him on google ... as much as you can. stay in control of the situation, meet him or drive yourself.

you might not want to see the person again but sounds like your impressed already. during the date think if where to do the second date, at the end ask if he would like to meet again and do this or that.

I've met a few guys online and gone out with them, I've never had a bad experience, maybe I've been lucky, but then again I'm not the type of guy that people tend to see as victimizable I don't give off that vibe. Some guys do, and I think they tend to be victimized more. In my experience the type of person that seeks to take advantage of others is basically a coward and looks to prey on those they perceive as weaker than themselves. All that being said, you do always have to look out for yourself. As far as the date itself, just be yourself and if there's chemistry then things will go well.
Richard

i agree with everyone. Meeting up with people from online can be risky, but you cant assume everyone is dangerous. You should meet your date somewhere public though just to be safe. Good luck.

Thanks everyone Big Grin i did research on him and he seems harmless enough but ill still keep on my guard
i think were jusst going to lazy around the park if its sunny I mean were not doing anything fancy Smile