Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roxy Update
Counselor Wrote:Wow. Anxiety is the worst thing next to depression.

Tell me about it. I have no idea how to react to him either. I just hold his hand and talk to him most of the time. Sometimes he smiles but mostly I'm left wondering if he can hear me.

He can hear you. He's probably weak. Just stay with him, believe me, it will mean more to him than he can express at the moment. Thank you for being there with him, btw.

Kinkiki Wrote:Tell me about it. I have no idea how to react to him either. I just hold his hand and talk to him most of the time. Sometimes he smiles but mostly I'm left wondering if he can hear me.

you are doing the best thing, Kinkiki. Just let him know that he is not alone in it, that there will always be two of you to tackle "the enemy" to the ground. Even if you repeat sweet words and reassurance over and over, it helps. You can try mentioning nice or funny things you experienced together. Maybe it'll take his mind off the bad thoughts.

Counselor, can you explain to me what the difference between anxiety and panic is? It seems that we have just one word for both. Thank you.

Nick9 Wrote:you are doing the best thing, Kinkiki. Just let him know that he is not alone in it, that there will always be two of you to tackle "the enemy" to the ground. Even if you repeat sweet words and reassurance over and over, it helps. You can try mentioning nice or funny things you experienced together. Maybe it'll take his mind off the bad thoughts.

Counselor, can you explain to me what the difference between anxiety and panic is? It seems that we have just one word for both. Thank you.

You guys can call me Kiki ^^

I will always be there for him. He's my lil Roxy Smile I hope he hears me, honestly I do. I'd like to think so. All of your love and kind words are certainly going to cheet him up.

Yes what is the difference between those two? The docs aren't being very chatty with me.

Nick9 Wrote:Counselor, can you explain to me what the difference between anxiety and panic is? It seems that we have just one word for both. Thank you.

I use the word "panic" for an abrupt and severe anxiety. I use the word "anxiety" for a less intense feeling of fear surrounding an idea or event.

Counselor Wrote:I use the word "panic" for an abrupt and severe anxiety. I use the word "anxiety" for a less intense feeling of fear surrounding an idea or event.

I see, thanks.

I only read about people who "blacked out" in fiction books. But after experiencing the power of panic attacks, I can understand that something like that is possible.
I hope Roxy will be better soon.

Blackouts don't always mean the person experiences anxiety, though it isn't usually far behind.

Hi Kinkiki, please tell Roxy to get well.. We are all hoping for his fast recovery..
He is such a nice guy, I really do hope for the best

Xxxxx

Send him my regards and hug him from me... I miss him Sad Poor rox
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

So sorry this has happened to our Roxy. Kiki, I'm very glad he has a buddy like you.
It must be stressful for you as well, but holding his hand and just being there for him is a blessing.
Please give him my best wishes.
Bighug