Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumors
That was a horrible thing for someone to say about you Sad

Try to make some new friends via new means, like different places or use the Internet.
Hopefully you will make sone REAL friends, as a person that would say such a horrible thing about you was never a true friend to start with.

Thanks everyone. Your support means the world to me right now. Sadly, the club I go to has a lot more people my age than some of the others. There is another one and I've been going to it. I was unaware of the defamation thing, how empowering! I'm also a really calm person anyway so I can hopefully not react. You know what else, I am going to get tested because my insurance companies posts online. I can easily show someone on my iphone, ha ha. Thanks again everyone!

There is an old saying that goes: "he'll hath no furry, like a woman scorned." but who ever came up with that must not have know any gay men.
I had a very similar situation happen a few years ago with a supposed "friend" of mine. I discovered that he was telling our mutual friends that I was secretly a crack addict. It didn't go over well. In the end, I confronted him in front of our social group. Some people chose to side with him, but by coming out and being forthright the majority sided with me.
A few months later I slept with his little brother just to piss him off....
Good Luck! Wink

Ditch them and move on - why go through all of that to hang with some dick?
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I agree with the advice about getting a lawyer.
This happened to me in high school and I lost some friends all because some bitch was angry with me.
Only idiots would believe this kind of gossip, but a lot of people are idiots.

I'm really sorry this happened to you. Sad

LJay Wrote:Go get tested. Get a written report. Confront him in front of a couple of his friends with it and say, "You have been telling people that I am HIV positive. Here is the proof that I am not. Where's yours?"

Yes - I think this is a very good way to handle it.

Thanks again everyone. I feel so much better now. I think it is important to get tested and I will look into the lawyer situation.