Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rupaul's Drag Race Season 9!
I have mixed feelings about this first episode. Sure, it was pretty great to have Lady Gaga as a guest judge, and the
Spoiler:
was so much better than the
Spoiler:
on season 8.

But I have to say that the entire episode feels pretty much like a giant trailer for what's coming next. For me, the first double episode on season 6 was the best first episode ever. I mean, we don't know the queens after that first episode. As for the
Spoiler:
, I don't know how I feel about that and I'm not sure there is not some kind of twist anyway.

This is maybe the first time in Drag Race that I really like all of the queens's aesthetics though. I'm still rooting for my favorites from the promo, Aja, Shea Couleé, Kimora Blac and, of course, Sasha Velour. About the
Spoiler:
I think it's pretty obvious who she is. But I have to say that I'm following the conversations of the die hard fans on Reddit, so maybe it's not that obvious if you stay away from the spoilers in general. Also, I can't wait to see Lisa Kudrow as a guest judge, I truely love her ! Maybe the next episode will feel more Drag Race and not so much ANTM.

After lackluster seasons 7 & 8, Gaga is the one I was looking forward to.

There must be more than this provincial life. Hrmph!

I was right; with the exception Nina Bo'nina, GaGa was the most interesting element in the premiere episode. I especially appreciated her earnestness when critiquing the queens on Untucked. (She is so darling.)

Kimora's thing about just being pretty and acting (or being) really stupid was really annoying. Good riddance.

At least she looked pretty standing there....
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

I continue to like Nina the best

Willaim 2.0..... Yassss i love moments like this
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

ehhhhh to most of that episode. Of all the musicals done on this show, that one was a low. I also don't like my girl Nina's negative energy lately.

And I'm glad the one that got kicked off has an open invitation back. Makes sense she'd have to go.

I'm so shook at what happened to eureka.

alphamyto Wrote:I'm so shook at what happened to eureka.

Why? She feels so middle-of-the-pack at best. Does she get to do the meet-&-greets, and tour, and do all the fun stuff associated with every season? Blessing in disguise for her.

And the two bottoms continue to skate.

Some of these girls this season are very rough, and that's a very distracting thought.