Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S&m(&s)
malcs Wrote:Well done Smurlos, my dads still not said another word about it since I told him. Strange creatures are dads!

Bighug Bighug Bighug

Could that be HUMAN creatures, Malcs??? Wink

You did it much better than what I did.

I didn't tell my dad was gay... kinda just showed him in a way. Brought my boyfriend to my university graduation and to dinner with the family.

Mom is fine, dad is okay... just getting used to it all.

I wish I had told him first instead of just dumping my John on him like that, it was kind of a slap to the face. It had a decent outcome, but I think the shock value was too much for anyone.

Oh well.... congrats on telling your pop!

Cool!
Congrats Smurlos!
:biggrin:

futureRD Wrote:I didn't tell my dad was gay... kinda just showed him in a way. Brought my boyfriend to my university graduation and to dinner with the family.

I wish I had told him first instead of just dumping my John on him like that, it was kind of a slap to the face. It had a decent outcome, but I think the shock value was too much for anyone.

RD, that is soooo PUNK. Being an ancient punk = I love it!
Glad it all worked out in the end.

futureRD Wrote:You did it much better than what I did.

I didn't tell my dad was gay... kinda just showed him in a way. Brought my boyfriend to my university graduation and to dinner with the family.

I'm not really sure that anything you might have said beforehand would have prepared him any better to accept the truth about his son. Having grown up in a hetero centred environment, he'll have trusted you were not gay until then, so the realisation would have been hard either way. Now he's taken it all in and has reassessed his position and stance towards you. A good thing he did not turn away, but like any good parent, he's adapting to the new data in his life. Hope he likes (even gets to love) his new son in law (outlaw?)... hehe.

hahaha i never meant to be a punk about it, but it WAS fun. I like to ruffle feathers sometimes.

As of right now, he still thinks my John is "taking advantage" of me because he is 7 yrs older then me.... but here is the FUNNY part. My mom is 7 YEARS older than my dad! Isn't the just funny?

He's getting better about it slowly.... basically b/c my sister told him the reason John and I don't live together yet is because I couldn't pay enough of the bills to be comfortable with the living situation.

futureRD Wrote:hahaha i never meant to be a punk about it, but it WAS fun. I like to ruffle feathers sometimes.

Come on, you are a punk in sheeps clothing.

Quote:As of right now, he still thinks my John is "taking advantage" of me because he is 7 yrs older then me.... but here is the FUNNY part. My mom is 7 YEARS older than my dad! Isn't the just funny?

That is hysterical. Remind him of that (in a punk way).

Sorry OT: My fav person to PUNK was my ancient grandma from Yugoslavia. My nose was pierced & whenever going to eat dinner at her home I would wear a dangling cross in my nose. The cross would dangle at my upper lip. Grandma said she was gonna pull it out & I told her (with a smile) that I would have to punch her out if she did that...

futureRD Wrote:You did it much better than what I did.

That was my intention... to tell him by introducing him to someone worth introducing him to... but after much reflection I thought that was not very practical. I felt that it would not be fair on my guy as all sorts of situations that maybe put him at risk could arise and also not fair on my dad to put him on the spot.

That said, my dad is an arrogant ignorant selfish idiot and we're not on speaking terms anymore! Partially to do with the gay thing, but mostly not. So yeah, the guy is an absolute idiot. He went to my sisters the other day saying that because I was gay his life was now over with yada yada. My sister said he is the most selfish person and practically chucked him out of her house. Not being funny but there is no way he is making me feel guilty. I'm gay. End of. Even if i wanted to, there is no way I could ever fancy a girl. I've found my guy, and I'm not giving him up for someone who doesn't even care about me. In a text he sent me he ended it with "love you, i think". That's what did it for me. I text back "you think?!?! you THINK you love me??!?! well you can piss right off!" and have not heard from him since, thank god!

OMFG !!!!!

:biggrin:

GO BABY SMURLOS !!!!!!!!

Honestly I'm gone for a couplea weeks (ok maybe a bit more), and LOOK what happens !!!!! FAIR PLAY to you for taking the step that so many of us dream of doing, and nope - nowt wrong with coming out via SMS - coming out is coming out is coming out - it's the end result we're interested in, not the means by which you get there Confusedmile:.

I'm so proud Herz !

xXxXx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Smurlos Wrote:That was my intention... to tell him by introducing him to someone worth introducing him to... but after much reflection I thought that was not very practical. I felt that it would not be fair on my guy as all sorts of situations that maybe put him at risk could arise and also not fair on my dad to put him on the spot.

That said, my dad is an arrogant ignorant selfish idiot and we're not on speaking terms anymore! Partially to do with the gay thing, but mostly not. So yeah, the guy is an absolute idiot. He went to my sisters the other day saying that because I was gay his life was now over with yada yada. My sister said he is the most selfish person and practically chucked him out of her house. Not being funny but there is no way he is making me feel guilty. I'm gay. End of. Even if i wanted to, there is no way I could ever fancy a girl. I've found my guy, and I'm not giving him up for someone who doesn't even care about me. In a text he sent me he ended it with "love you, i think". That's what did it for me. I text back "you think?!?! you THINK you love me??!?! well you can piss right off!" and have not heard from him since, thank god!

Ouch, that's a bit harsh of him to do!!! And good on your sister for not taking it and chucking him out.

Good on you too... I know your Dad has 'problems', but he has no right to try and put blame on your sexuality, since it sounds like the relationship between him and the rest of your family, including yourself, was heading this way before he knew anyway.