Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad News....
As a bit of a tribute, though.....this was one of the final posts from Palbert on Gayspeak...think of it as a gift from him to all of us.[Image: tumblr_ndtqyrwTbP1qawdjao1_1280.jpg]

I was just thinking today how I had grown to look forward to palbert's marriage equality updates. I was kinda upset because I can't find the thread...I think he would be happy today for all of the people in Florida...I think he lived there at some point in his life.

Every time I think of Lewis of late, I think of his leaving JUB, and why, and I wonder what it portends. His memorial thread there seems to ignore the white elephant in the room.

Hardheaded1 Wrote:Every time I think of Lewis of late, I think of his leaving JUB, and why, and I wonder what it portends. His memorial thread there seems to ignore the white elephant in the room.

I read the link that East provided from the other site and I don't understand what you mean about a white elephant. It sounded like he was happy posting there and that he had continued to post, too.

I will greatly miss his comments and PM's. I greatly enjoyed his fun, snarky, sarcastic dry sense of humor as I have one too.

Rareboy Wrote:As a bit of a tribute, though.....this was one of the final posts from Palbert on Gayspeak...think of it as a gift from him to all of us.[Image: tumblr_ndtqyrwTbP1qawdjao1_1280.jpg]
What a nice thought, Rareboy. Indeed I too am sorry to hear of him passing away. I hope he led a good life. My sympathies to all who knew him.

Darius Wrote:I read the link that East provided from the other site and I don't understand what you mean about a white elephant. It sounded like he was happy posting there and that he had continued to post, too.

My comment wasn't to take away from Lewis' legacy nor the loss we feel. It was a reminder that he left the site I named with a significant degree of rejection for his erstwhile beloved forum. He didn't delete his account, but he certainly had left it for the most part, and long before his final illness stopped him.

If you read that thread, it is similar to many a funeral or eulogy, where the remembrances become oddly skewed. That is not to say we should expect to read anything negative about Lewis' posting, only that at least half of those waxing sentimental in the thread were well aware that he had largely left JUB due to the toxic patterns of harassment and bickering that had come to characterize several of his favorite forums there.

It just seemed hypocritical for so many to post how much he would be missed when they hadn't expressed a similar regret at him leaving when alive.

My comment was made after sharing the experiences at that site for around eight years of posting there with Lewis and other long-time friends.

I just thought about something we both shared...a love of Joe D'allasandro .....he was also a fan of Joes.....

We both agreed that Joe was one of the sexiest men...ever.....

So...for Lewis....

RIP. Prayers and thoughts.