Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad, Tragic, devestating life of syrian refugees.
I can't describe how I felt after reading this. Everything in me went numb and I just can't handle the fact that there are people out there who actually go through this while others have roofs over their heads and they sleep nice and tight on their warm beds next to their partners without ever worrying if they'll make it the next day. This world has truly gone mad!...

“My husband and I sold everything we had to afford the journey. We worked 15 hours a day in Turkey until we had enough money to leave. The smuggler put 152 of us on a boat. Once we saw the boat, many of us wanted to go back, but he told us that anyone who turned back would not get a refund. We had no choice. Both the lower compartment and the deck were filled with people. Waves began to come into the boat so the captain told everyone to throw their baggage into the sea. In the ocean we hit a rock, but the captain told us not to worry. Water began to come into the boat, but again he told us not to worry. We were in the lower compartment and it began to fill with water. It was too tight to move. Everyone began to scream. We were the last ones to get out alive. My husband pulled me out of the window. In the ocean, he took off his life jacket and gave it to a woman. We swam for as long as possible. After several hours he told me he that he was too tired to swim and that he was going to float on his back and rest. It was so dark we could not see. The waves were high. I could hear him calling me but he got further and further away. Eventually a boat found me. They never found my husband.” (Kos, Greece)

that is tragic. but it's the result of a voluntary tragic decision that never should have been undertaken in the first place. stupid and desperate solutions rarely end up working out. people should use their heads more. we cannot accommodate the whole African continent on European soil. what do they expect?
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:that is tragic. but it's the result of a voluntary tragic decision that never should have been undertaken in the first place. stupid and desperate solutions rarely end up working out. people should use their heads more. we cannot accommodate the whole African continent on European soil. what do they expect?

clearly they have no other choices but "Poor and desperate" ones to make. They knew it was that or death. They had to do it! I would.

that really is a sad story... i mean this is a serious crisis.. I understand the urgency on the part of the people fleeing Syria. Its not the first time there has been a mass migration of people. Im certain it wont be the last..
Its also clear that Europe is ill prepared and ill equipped for this..

What is something you'd like to see leaders or countries do to better handle this situation?

Emiliano Wrote:What is something you'd like to see leaders or countries do to better handle this situation?

Rewind to the year 2000 and un-elect GW Bush whose administration is the artictect of this disaster.

East Wrote:Rewind to the year 2000 and un-elect GW Bush whose administration is the artictect of this disaster.

Yes sir, THAT and the Syrian people should have worked together to keep their country safe and strong cuz none of this shit and tragedy would have happened if it wasn't for their "Arab spring" more like "Arab fall" .... and I mean that literally!

It's horrible.

How about the Arab nations lay off scapegoating Israel and band together to solve their regional conflicts for a change? Barring that, how about they (especially the wealthy Gulf states) step it up and take on a greater role in the ongoing refugee crisis? Seems there'd be a great cultural and even geographical advantage in their doing so. (Russia and China can then help them shoulder the brunt.)

Everybody who uses oil or oil related products shares in the responsibly of the current unrest in the middle east. Islamic countries should be taking Syrian refugees before Europe. Oil companies should be required to provide adequate security in the countries they are exploiting, not police state nations like the US & the UK.

NativeSon Wrote:It's horrible.

How about the Arab nations lay off scapegoating Israel and band together to solve their regional conflicts for a change? Barring that, how about they (especially the wealthy Gulf states) step it up and take on a greater role in the ongoing refugee crisis? Seems there'd be a great cultural and even geographical advantage in their doing so. (Russia and China can then help them shoulder the brunt.)

That's actually a logical point and I agree. They don't even do anything to Isreal but write songs about them, cry about them, watch their fellow Palestinians die, cry some more, cry to Allah about it, get mad and break a glass or something. That's it. As if any of that helps. As if God helps without them taking action. Each one cares for himself and no one else. Their beliefs and values contradict to their life styles and actions. I don't even get those people anymore. Each person cares for himself, Same with each family, each region, country... Long story short, the Arab world is a fucked up rotten place and it is all because on Arabs. No one else to blame but us.

CuriousSub Wrote:Everybody who uses oil or oil related products shares in the responsibly of the current unrest in the middle east. Islamic countries should be taking Syrian refugees before Europe. Oil companies should be required to provide adequate security in the countries they are exploiting, not police state nations like the US & the UK.

Tell that to the Gulf honey!